What do they mean by "service grade"? by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 09-09-2007 01:45 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: fierobrian on 09-09-2007 10:33 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Often times when I'm on the Rockauto site (looking at various suspension and brake parts) there are some brands that come in two grades..."service grade" and "professional grade" . (like Spicer and Raybestos for example) The prices between the two grades can vary quite a bit in some cases. Looking at the pictures they have listed, the parts dont look all that different to me. (although I realize they use "representative" pictures in many instances)

Anyways, how much of a diference in quality is there between the two? Is service grade to be avoided? Have you bought service grade rated stuff? Your opinions please.....

Thanks, Kit / 86 GT / 90 Reatta
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
it depend on how long you will keep the the car i get service if it just a car they will keep for a few years . if it for a long time car get the good stuff . my buddy truck needed tie rod over 120 for pro grade under 47 for service he is going to trade the truck in in a year so the cheap one work fine
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock