Blinker Switch by gem1138
Started on: 08-20-2007 11:53 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Lounge Daddy on 08-20-2007 03:46 PM
gem1138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Direct Link to This Post
My left blinker as quit blinking. The right blinker is fine. All of the bulbs are good. When you turn the lights on, the turn signal indicator lights up even though the blinker switch is not engaged. I am thinking that this could only be the result of a faulty blinker switch. Any thoughts are welcome.
What is envolved in replacing it? Obviously the steering wheel has to come off.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
That might not be the switch. Sounds more like you have a bad ground on the lights on the left side. If the turn/marker light looses it's ground then the next available path to ground is thru the turn signal indicator.
Check the ground screw on the fender infront of the wheel next to the headlight bucket.

Here is what might be happening..this is the path the current would take if the ground is bad and would light the turn indicator

This would also make your turn signal not work.
Are the marker or turn signal lights a little dimmer on that side?

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 08-20-2007).]

CyanideNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CyanideNotchSend a Private Message to CyanideNotchDirect Link to This Post
I have the exact same problem. The left won't blink, it's just stays lit up. Then when you turn the headlights on, it lights up again by itself and stays on. At night it looks like I'm always on my brakes but only on the left side.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
gem1138
when you turn you lights on the turn indicator lights, do the turn lamps light also or just the indicator?
Lounge Daddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lounge DaddySend a Private Message to Lounge DaddyDirect Link to This Post
My pace car had the same problem. Found out that one of the contacts inside the socket was busted (front). Replaced with a known good one and my blinkers worked once again.

[This message has been edited by Lounge Daddy (edited 08-23-2007).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock