Started on: 06-11-2007 07:09 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: fotofrank on 06-14-2007 11:39 PM
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
to adjust tv cable follow instruction in haynes manual.. chilton does not have unless has been added to later manuals ,do not deviate from instruction take your time,,read instrution as you perform do not read, then attemp..the older haynes manuals for G.M.cars have most excellent instruction on how to do this if you do not have manual the $16.oo for the haynes manual will save you money over the years!! if cheap like me borrow from another fiero owner in your area READ as you do this will make it simlple,, I do not have smarts to send page to you .. rotate throttle at fulcrum not gas pedal,,depress the reajust tab and move the slider untill it stops against the fitting ! release the re-adjust tab manually ! turn the the throttle lever to the wide open position which will automatically adjust the cable,, release the throttle lever this should be easy.. if the cable does not move easily,, disconnect at transaxle end and check for free operation if cable is free moving suspect bent tv link in transaxle,or problem with throttle lever ""you can feel free movement of throttle and fulcrum'' IF SUCCESSFULL HAVE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 06-11-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fotofrank

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post

The original TV cable is no longer available from GM. The one I used is from the Fiero Store and is a generic replacement. I will recheck the installation and adjustment of the cable. Thanks for the input.

An additional question. At the transmission, should the kick down rod be normally pulled up into the cable housing? That is with the linkage at rest.

Thanks again.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
To adjust the TV cable and how it works see:
http://www.tvmadeez.com/article/index.html
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post

The after market TV cable has a sheath that is longer and also the inner wire is about a foot longer than necessary or practical. What is the length of the cable from the mount point to the TB linkage connection for a Duke?
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post

fotofrank

1034 posts
Member since Feb 99
I read and followed this http://www.tvmadeez.com/article/index.html.

The car runs and shifts better but I do not believe it is right as yet. Maybe the length of the cable is a bit long. The shift to second is a bit hard and there is NO kick down when I floor the car while at about 40 MPH. Oh well at least it is drivable---
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
WOW a foot longer cable is beyond my limited expertsium.i will eyeball my own cable tommorow I have already done so but mayby i can get brain to stop concern about my own problems,if you look at the normal cable operation an extra foot would be a major problem maybe you have wrong cable i will check my car,, the critical place is not the lenth of cable, but the length of the wire measured from the sheath to the point where contact is made when the cable retracts into the sheath (outer cable)do you understand this?? is the length of the old the same as the new.of course if cable is broke you must estimate by laying wire beside outer cable and guestimate length.. a new cable should not change operation of transmission.. before mention aspireing pirates are waiting for you so proper operation is critical NO demanded if confused or not sure find reliable shop and have adjust this is a problem that can put you fieroless because of cost most people can afford repairs but cost of trans rebuld is high,,sorry i can not be of real help we need transmission repairman to chime in stan
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post

The sheath is a bit longer and the cable in the sheath is about a foot longer. I trimmed it to a length I thought would be good but---well the best laid plains. What I do need to knoe is the length of the cable from the "stop" to the connect point with the other end (transmission) at the opening of the sheath.

Thanks for the time and looking. As I said GM do no longer make a direct replacement for this TV cable. This is a generic cable for most GM auto transmissions and TBs.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
HELP does any one know the lenth of auto transmission cables there are 2 cables i beleave foto frank has the wrong cable for his car the 84 to 86 is different from 87 to 88 which is the longer cable fotofrank email or call fiero store and have them check for you the cables are different but i do not know what is what i look at my car but it is G.T.V6 auto it is very possible you have wrong cable did you buy the used cable mix up very possible due to similarity of cable they are good people and will help did you ever check fluid level while engine hot,was it good color i could not get a good look at my cable to fat to get under car unless jack up i will get girl friend to check tommorrow (very small waist<large bosom but flatten when she lays down haha stan just read post that said 4 cyl cable is longest but best check

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 06-13-2007).]

fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post

As stated---The Fiero Store has SOLD OUT of the GM TV cables ( no longer produced by GM) and now only a GENERIC cable is available--I ordered the GM replacement from The Fiero Store and got the generic. So anyone got a good used TV cable from a Duke?
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post

fotofrank

1034 posts
Member since Feb 99

Bump!
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2007 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
double bad news girl friend refuses to crawl under fiero because we have had 2 days of rain and soft carport carpet is soaked and light rain dampens the spirit ,sandy is former gymnist but refuses,to act because of minor flood she thinks fiero people are wierd and is mad because i am bringing ukraine lady to usa on fiance visa,but her ability to bake blueberry muffins is unexcelled so must keep happy untill ukraine bride arrives(IM fat,old and ugly) i will wait for rain to stop,but worse news you have wrong cable probably universal cable for G.M. N cars(grand am,calais) the fiero store has used cables they are $40.00 and worth it..if you belong to fiero club you can probably locate cheap cable there are 2 different cables it is not worth it to use wrong cable you must know what it cost to repair transmission i wish a transmission repairman would chime in,frank do a new post HELP automactic experts .the auto in the fiero is one of the best most reliablekeep it this way i have minimal expertise for what you need stan
PFF
System Bot
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post

Stan thanks-- I ordered the "GM replacement cable" from the Fiero Store and I received the generic one. I am going to try to find the proper cable.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock