Started on: 05-26-2007 11:40 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: uhlanstan on 05-27-2007 10:38 AM
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-26-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Is there a tbi from another car,,a marine engine?? possibly a larger engine T B I that can be adapted to the duke?/ there must be one out there,has any one attempted this,, I know people have put carbs on the duke but I have not heard of any one trying a larger tbi input??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Kind of reminds me of this kid who tried to bring back his 1+ year old drums, because he had gotten new "high performance" drums, quite the oxymoron. I wanted to ask him who ripped him off, but instead I just told him we couldnt refund his money just because he didnt want them anymore.

Though, thinking about it, if there were any horsepower to be squeezed out of the duke, there might be a couple of foals in the intake system.

Captain Colon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Captain ColonSend a Private Message to Captain ColonDirect Link to This Post
There was the Holley performance TBI, but they're not made anymore and pretty hard to find now.

If you really want to try and squeeze a bit more power out of your Duke, try starting with some of these suggestions. But remember that you've got a tired old engine in there, it might not respond well to added power. Personally I think if you want to try building up your duke, you should go for it Just be aware that it's going to be pretty expensive for very little gain and a much higher risk of failure.

*EDIT* If you've got an 87-88 duke, go get some heads from an [I think] 90-93 S-10, they flow much better and are supposed to be good for an extra 10-15hp if I remember correctly. The Duke has a surprisingly free-flowing intake (for the amount of air it can move anyway), it's the heads (and manifolds a bit, I believe these can also be ported a little) that hold back what little extra power is there.

[This message has been edited by Captain Colon (edited 05-27-2007).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2007 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
I am aware of the benefits of the s 10 head and manifold,this is a solid win win solution I had an s10 head at one time now the head is stock,the late model duke head and manifold gives better mpg( what i wanted )and horse power also provides better cooling.I know there must be an tbi injection system that is larger than the duke that will adapt to the s 10 manifold,the s10 manifold head and a larger tbi with the 88 header type exhaust will give good mpg and performance yet will not stress the duke engine unless you over rev it ,I have done the performance go fast many years ago now i want to get there in fiero style keep gas expense as low as posible I am posting this to help others also there are many v 6 power applications .there are many many dukes that the owners want more power and most of them can not afford a swap when gas goes to $5.oo a gallon dukes will look better to those with limited income,,,the duke ?? reliable low mantenance,economical!! cheap skin flint driver stan

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 06-01-2007).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock