Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  4.9 Seville Exhuast Manifolds - Reversible?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

4.9 Seville Exhuast Manifolds - Reversible? by vafierro
Started on: 02-26-2007 05:23 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 02-27-2007 11:42 AM
vafierro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vafierroClick Here to visit vafierro's HomePageSend a Private Message to vafierroDirect Link to This Post
I haven't pulled my manifolds so I have a question about the spacing. Are the heads symetrical as far as the header bolts? My engine is a 1994 4.9 from a Seville. I was wondering if the exhaust manifolds can be swapped and turned upside down to face upwards instead of down? This is for my turbo 4.9 swap and would be used in place of the 4.9 Deville setup with one outlet welded closed. Of course I'll get the answer to this myself once I get both manifolds off, but I'm curious if anyone has the answer to this "trivia" question. If this can be done what combination of manifolds would work for it?

[This message has been edited by vafierro (edited 02-26-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
You can swap sides - but you can't turn them upside down (have a look at the bolt pattern ans you will see why). If you need to to face upwards - try using the Deville manifolds.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock