Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Allante and stock 4.9 injectors...same size?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Allante and stock 4.9 injectors...same size? by Racingman24
Started on: 02-10-2007 01:08 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: v8fiero400 on 02-11-2007 09:19 PM
Racingman24

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
For the life of me, I cannot remember which injectors I used when I swapped over to my Allante intake. I'm pretty sure I used the stock ones, but I don't know for sure. I've scoured the archives, but there is no mention of the Allante injectors.

I have found though, that the stock injectors are 18/lbs. I am hoping Allante ones are the same. Trying to find out so we can get the most acurate tune when I go play with the car next weekend.

Thanks guys

Eric

------------------

Used is such a harsh term. . . I perfer "Previously obsessed over"
88 base coupe: "She thinks my tractor's sexy..... it really turns 'er on"
Wait. . . Did I just say I can't wait to do more work on my Fiero?. . .what, am I retarded?

Said by Crazy Dave "You can take Steve out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of Steve."

(\__/)
(='.'=) <<<< Cute Bunny.
(")_(")
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I seem to remember the Allante injectors being smaller for some reason. If they are smaller it's not by much. I used my injectors from my 4.9 when I did my Allante intake swap.
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
I tried both the 4.9 and Allante injectors in mine while we were tuning. We saw no difference in the A/F ratio nor how the engine performed.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroking:

I tried both the 4.9 and Allante injectors in mine while we were tuning. We saw no difference in the A/F ratio nor how the engine performed.

Joe Sokol

But you don't know for sure if they are different, I know, I know, if there is no difference in A/F they shouldn't be, I just want to be 100% sure.

Anyone else?
v8fiero400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8fiero400Click Here to visit v8fiero400's HomePageSend a Private Message to v8fiero400Direct Link to This Post
They are a different part number. I looked into this myself. Every auto parts store I checked says they have different part numbers.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock