adjusting the shifter by RenegadeFiero86
Started on: 02-08-2007 04:14 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: RenegadeFiero86 on 02-08-2007 06:48 PM
RenegadeFiero86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeFiero86Send a Private Message to RenegadeFiero86Direct Link to This Post
ok so i recently had my clutch slave cylider replaced and now my car will absolutely not go into 2nd or 4th unless i have the decklid open and someone actually pushed the bracket to make the car completely engage into the gears. i know this is a linkage problem because even when the car is off i put it in second and it only partially engages and then when i start the car it kicks it out, but when i had my buddy push the lever so that it was completely into second gear i started it and it worked and did not grind. so i was just wondering where i would adjust the shifter linkage is it under the center counsel or under the deck lid by the lever?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RenegadeFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeFiero86Send a Private Message to RenegadeFiero86Direct Link to This Post
bump.... comon guys someone has got to know....
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
I did a search on this just the otehr day, When I get home from the office I will find it and post it. If I recall it said soething about taking a drill bit and lining up hte holes in the shifter assembly up front or some such...(I know not much help, but may steer ya in a good direction..)
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Where the linkage connects to the transmission level the little ball stud is adjustable in the slot of the arm. If you know which way it's off you just need to move it a 1/16 - 1/8 of an inch in the slot and it should do it. There is an actual method of doing it since the shifter has some holes you put a pin (or drill bit as said above) thru and then set the linkage at the trans. to neutral.
But you can usually just bump the adjustments and get it close.
Make since. You just have to think about which way you need to move the ball stud.
Here is a pic of a 5sp. You can see the ball stud nut and the slot it's in.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-08-2007).]

RenegadeFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeFiero86Send a Private Message to RenegadeFiero86Direct Link to This Post
THATS ACTUALLY WHAT I THOUGHT THANKS DODGE.
SOMEONE HAD TOLD MY ABOUT SOMETHING UNDER THE CENTER COUNCEL AND I REMOVED ALL THE STUFF AND COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU WOULD DO IT FROM THERE. BUT I DID NOTICE THE SLOT IN THE LEVER SO ILL TRY THAT THANKS.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock