lumbar seats by fastback 88
Started on: 01-15-2007 06:23 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: 3.8 SC on 01-18-2007 11:07 PM
fastback 88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
I have an 88 gt with drivers side lumbar seat. how do I go about checking what's wong with them ?The pump runs but does not pump up lumbar. Where would I get parts also?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
You most likely have a ruptured bladder. the seat will have to be disassembled to know for sure.

Rodney Dickman has parts for them, likely your only source. He is a great vendor.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
It means the seat will have to be given to someone else. I'll gladly trade you my torn up cloth seat from my '88 coupe. That'd be a fair trade wouldn't it? lol Just kidding. Rodney would be your best bet for a bladder and, while you're in there, check the air lines themselves for leaks. Once you get in there, I'm sure you're not going to want to go back in a second time.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

fastback 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
Thanks, I will check out Rodney
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
BTW, is the lumbar seat prone to leak with age or with wear as to useing them often??

As for never seeing a lumbar unit from a fiero, has anyone had a bladder blow up or "pop" while sitting in the seat??

My old folks had a 1993 Mercury Villager and had this lumbar option, but we rarely used it.
Anyways, we never had problems with it leaking.

TIA,

fierogt28
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
If you wanna be sure and make everything new while your seat is torn apart, here's a complete kit from Summit for $89 . Wadeduck, you could just add this to your stock seat if you want:

http://store.summitracing.c...347+115&autoview=sku

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-16-2007).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
If you REALLY want something neat, put in heating elements - these are SUPER when the weather gets cold (I just put this in my driver's seat)

http://store.summitracing.c...340+115&autoview=sku
3800superfast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
I wish I would have known about this when I recovered my seats.
http://store.summitracing.c...347+115&autoview=sku
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
While the summit kit will add some lumbar support, it is not the same as a factory lumbar seat. The factory one has multiple air chambers and side bolsters.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:

While the summit kit will add some lumbar support, it is not the same as a factory lumbar seat. The factory one has multiple air chambers and side bolsters.

Correct, the factory setup has 3 areas on the back, plus 1 on each of the sides.

You will also need a set of hog ring pliers and a small bag of hog rings to do this job (the seat cover is held on with the rings). Probably the bladders are just leaking - there is a possibility that the hoses could be a problem, but not likely as they are fairly thick and the ends are glued to the nozzles on the bladders, but don't forget to double check them.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

BTW, is the lumbar seat prone to leak with age or with wear as to useing them often??

fierogt28

The bladders are made of vinyl and age. They get brittle and crack just like a swimming pool liner would in time. They probably would not pop. Just leak more and more. In time they will turn into many little pieces.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

PFF
System Bot
3.8 SC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know where I can get the controls or the pump? I have a seat, but the controls and pump do not work.

------------------
WWW.CLEVELANDFIEROS.COM

My rear defuser

A hint -

It's finally in the paint shop, till spring!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock