Started on: 11-21-2006 04:46 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Chris Hodson on 12-18-2006 09:05 PM
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
IM using a 4t60-e and i guess i need a left axle for a 1990 pontiac 6000 Non ABS, Automatic OD and light duty brakes. I called this place in davenport iowa called hickory grove and talked to some guy and he needed information on the engine and transmission in the car for him to be able to tell me if they have one or not or any other possibilities? I was wondering if anyone coul dhelp me out here? BTW-whoever i talked to was really sarcastic about a 3800 in a fiero. Hes says "iiiiiiiii dddonnnnntttt thiiiinnkkk I got anything toooo puuuttt a 3800 into a fffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieerrrrOOOOoo..." And the duesh bag hung up on me. What the hell....? Why are people like this? Why cant the world be mor elike this forum. Peace, Love and Fieros. Anyways i hope some NICE "open minded" fiero lovers here can lend me some information! Thank you!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Use the axles from a 92-95 Lumina van that also had the 4T60E they are the right length just need to change the outers to fit the Fiero. For this you need Fiero manual tranny outers or the equivalent from another car of the same era as the auto Fiero ones are too small of diameter to work. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Well, rule number one, dont tell anyone over the phone what your doing ever, they get very afraid if their computers cant tell them the answers, and usually fiero swap information is in short supply in most databases.

I really dont know the logsitics of the 6000 axles, but I have heard that a few of the experienced swap guys on here say they work. Basicly remember that you only need the pass side axle, as the stock fiero automatic driver side axle works fine.

I took the advice of the fourm when building my axles, I never botherd to measure anything, and it turned around and burned me pretty bad because I ended up building an axle that was way too short (possibly you heard of a beretta axle being used, yea too short for me). So I always suggest getting the engine mounted up, try putting in the stock fiero driver side, then measure for the pass side axle and go from there.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Fieroflyer said it all. You want U van or A body axles for a 3800 with a 4T60E but with the manual trans Fiero outer CVs.

Do this: Ask for 95 Pontiac Transport Van axles for a 3800 engine but with 86 Pontiac Fiero outer CV/hubs. If they have a clue it will dawn on them that those pieces will fit together. Or, buy the van axles and do it yourself (geez, they should be able to handle it.)

CVUnlimited made mine and I had them 5 days later from across the country.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 11-21-2006).]

3800superfast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like they have you covered on the axles----bring on the pretty girl pics... Seriously, if you need a custom set made , shoot over a pm. Now back to the girls....
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
lol im so confused because I went down to my garage last night, it didn’t take long to do but I was just looking at how I think my engines going to sit, and I was looking at my axles. My old Fiero transmission was an automatic and everything I read said the automatic axles wouldn’t fit on any of the 4t60 anything’s. But the inside of the longer fiero axel fit in the 4t60e on the Fiero passenger side, but the shorter fiero axle didn’t fit. I swapped the inner of the longer axle over to the short axle inner and it seems to fit perfectly for the passenger side of the fiero. But now I can see "bye using this setup" how a berretta axle would suite very well for the drivers side of the fiero due to its shortness. For the drivers side I can see a 1.5 to 3.5 inch shaft length between the boots working. Any ideas? Why did my automatic axles work when everything says they wouldn’t fit? Or by using the short fiero axle with the long fiero axle inner did I just limit what I can use for the drivers side axle or am I good? Thank you for your help!
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
Girls huh?. lol. This is going to turn into the girls and axles thread i can feel it now. Anything to keep this interestig lol. Turns out I had a pretty crazy weekend sooo... enjoy.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

I leave for Asia in june and ill be back late august. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE PICTURES that are going to come from the trip! Dont worry Ill share.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
K, im having trouble mounting where the compressor goes. I need to know how high and how far over the cradle that bracket that holds the compressor can be.
3800superfast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Chris, You have this link right? http://dtcc.cz28.com/swap/axles.htm and have downloaded at the bottom. Also shot a pm over last night on axles. Can you get pics of more girls---Ok Ok I`m just kidding---need pics of the a/c bracket and where your talking about, just hurl the pic up in paint and circle the places your wondering about.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
nm

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 12-18-2006).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
nm i found out atuo trans components wont work here
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave