Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Need Help. 3800SC II Build Questions (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Need Help. 3800SC II Build Questions by JimmyS
Started on: 11-14-2006 09:49 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: ohio86se on 12-24-2006 03:53 PM
ohio86se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Ok I scanned for codes and it showed 4 codes.
P0102 MAF not connected
P0506 Idle Control System RPM Lower Than Expected
P0650 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit Malfunction
P0506 pd ????????????

It also said this...
Mil On
Monitrs
5 Inc
Catlyst
Evap
02 Snsr
02 Htr
EGR
3 ready
Misfire
Fuel
Comp

Disconect the battery for a while and restart to clear the codes

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

IP: Logged
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fieroEarl:
More to come.

86fieroEarl , Great post on the wiring---are you going to post the engine bay wiring soon?
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3800superfast:

86fieroEarl , Great post on the wiring---are you going to post the engine bay wiring soon?

Yeah I am, Im off to work right now, But when I get off I will start it.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohio86se:

There ya go Jim ....now will I see you in Ohio in December?

The plan is still to drive the car up there for the Christmas/New Years holidays. I still am waiting on the trans bracket, throttle bracket, speedo conversion thingy and the oil pressure sending unit to get here but it looks like it will all be done in plenty of time.
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
About the oil pressure sensor. What are you using? I had used the Fiero one. The Fiero gauges dont care what engine you have, pressure is pressure.

The plan is still to drive the car up there for the Christmas/New Years holidays. I still am waiting on the trans bracket, throttle bracket, speedo conversion thingy and the oil pressure sending unit to get here but it looks like it will all be done in plenty of time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 11-28-2006).]

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

Yeah I am, Im off to work right now, But when I get off I will start it.

Thank You Sir......It`s appreciated...........

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

3800superfast

8568 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Jimmy, When you hit Ohio, do you run up 75 North or take I-71 ? I`m 10 minutes off either exit..
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
OK the throttle bracket and the trans bracket came in today. Throttle bracket is installed with no problems but I have a question on the trans bracket.

Does this bracket need to be flattened out first then cut at a 45 degree angle?

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-28-2006).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by 3800superfast:

Jimmy, When you hit Ohio, do you run up 75 North or take I-71 ? I`m 10 minutes off either exit..

I run up 75. You want me to stop by?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by ohio86se:

About the oil pressure sensor. What are you using? I had used the Fiero one. The Fiero gauges dont care what engine you have, pressure is pressure.

I'm not sure what oil pressure sensor it is. JR ordered it and has sent it to me but it has not arrived here yet.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-28-2006).]

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
C500
A1 - No wire.
A2 - Light green wire. NOT CONNECTED. This should be black and it's a ground
A3 - No wire.
A4 - Thick yellow wire connected to starter.
A5 - No wire.

B1 - No wire.
B2 - No wire.
B3 - Brown wire. NOT CONNECTED. alt charge indicator, Plugs into the alt, Splices into a pinout on grandprix PCM

C1 - Dark blue wire. NOT CONNECTED. I forgot what pinout I connected this to, But It was a pinout on the gear selector switch on the transmission, I also had this as a 12v reference for the 02 sensor heater
C2 - Dark green wire w/ light green stripe. NOT CONNECTEDConnects to the green pinout on your temp sendor(located on the intake manifold) .
C3 - White wire. NOT CONNECTED.hooks to your ignition modual, On the IMC harness this pinout will be blanked out, Splice this white wire into the white c500 connector, Basically it connects to the white pinout on the ignition modual, If your tach is a 4cyl tach, IT WILL NOT WORK.

D1 - Dark green wire w/ white stripe. NOT CONNECTED. For the highspeed fan switch, This connects to your PCM
D2 - No wire. Low speed fan switch, Some fieros don't have this pinout
D3 - Dark green wire. NOT CONNECTED. connects to PCM pinout, PCM grounds this wire if you overheat

E1 - Light green wire. NOT CONNECTED. connects to gear selector switch
E2 - No wire.
E3 - Orange wire fusable link. NOT CONNECTED. powerfeed for igntion
E4 - No wire.

Cars equipped with four speed manual transaxle use a shifter mounted reverse switch. Cars with five speed use a transaxle mounted switch. '85 and newer cars are wired for both switches.

There is a stud terminal directly under the C500 for making all +12 volt constant connections.

The Fiero uses a separate module for cruise control. It is located behind the carpet on the drivers side inner kick panel. If you wish to use the new donor ECM to control the cruise control (recommended), you will need to extend the wires from the original module to the new ECM.
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

OK the throttle bracket and the trans bracket came in today. Throttle bracket is installed with no problems but I have a question on the trans bracket.

Does this bracket need to be flattened out first then cut at a 45 degree angle?

thats basicly what I did, refer to my picture.
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
bump
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
YAYYYYY!!!! The car is operational again! Throttle/Cruise bracket installed and functioning properly. Shifter cable bracket modified, installed and functionaly properly. Talked to JR tonight and he said that if the 2 parts from him (speedo conversion thingy and oil pressure sending unit) did not arrive today then they will probably be here tomorrow. JR says the car is tuned enough to drive and it only needs some minor tweaking just to my preferences. The plan is to drive the car around town the rest of this week and next week then next Saturday he will finish the tuning. I took the car for a couple short spins tonight and it is great.

I still need a couple of parts if anyone has them lying around. I need the retaining clip that holds the shifter cable to the bracket (I am using a zip tie for temporary measures) and I need a temp./fuel gauge cluster. My temp gauge is messed up. It was messed up before I even took the car to JR. The needle does not come down into the number range. It hangs up on the far left side and sometimes sticks almost straight up. I am assuming that the gauge itself is bad? Other than those 2 parts I have everything.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-29-2006).]

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you got it running again--now go have some fun in it... Not sure but I think most any Gm clip will fit, check the help sections at auto stores for a universal one, maybe the old Fiero one may work? Jr should have some laying around his place....
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

3800superfast

8568 posts
Member since Apr 2004

I run up 75. You want me to stop by?

When you coming threw ?

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

3800superfast

8568 posts
Member since Apr 2004

C500
A1 - No wire.
A2 - Light green wire. NOT CONNECTED. This should be black and it's a ground
A3 - No wire.
A4 - Thick yellow wire connected to starter.
A5 - No wire.

B1 - No wire.
B2 - No wire.
B3 - Brown wire. NOT CONNECTED. alt charge indicator, Plugs into the alt, Splices into a pinout on grandprix PCM

C1 - Dark blue wire. NOT CONNECTED. I forgot what pinout I connected this to, But It was a pinout on the gear selector switch on the transmission, I also had this as a 12v reference for the 02 sensor heater
C2 - Dark green wire w/ light green stripe. NOT CONNECTEDConnects to the green pinout on your temp sendor(located on the intake manifold) .
C3 - White wire. NOT CONNECTED.hooks to your ignition modual, On the IMC harness this pinout will be blanked out, Splice this white wire into the white c500 connector, Basically it connects to the white pinout on the ignition modual, If your tach is a 4cyl tach, IT WILL NOT WORK.

D1 - Dark green wire w/ white stripe. NOT CONNECTED. For the highspeed fan switch, This connects to your PCM
D2 - No wire. Low speed fan switch, Some fieros don't have this pinout
D3 - Dark green wire. NOT CONNECTED. connects to PCM pinout, PCM grounds this wire if you overheat

E1 - Light green wire. NOT CONNECTED. connects to gear selector switch
E2 - No wire.
E3 - Orange wire fusable link. NOT CONNECTED. powerfeed for igntion
E4 - No wire.

Cars equipped with four speed manual transaxle use a shifter mounted reverse switch. Cars with five speed use a transaxle mounted switch. '85 and newer cars are wired for both switches.

There is a stud terminal directly under the C500 for making all +12 volt constant connections.

The Fiero uses a separate module for cruise control. It is located behind the carpet on the drivers side inner kick panel. If you wish to use the new donor ECM to control the cruise control (recommended), you will need to extend the wires from the original module to the new ECM.

Thanks again for the time/info/post ..It`s greatly appreciated . They won`t let me give you anymore A plus+`s. Wish they would....
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2006 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Hey jim are you coming up to ohio and my part of town? The weather has been holding up. I can take you for a spin.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock