Started on: 06-07-2006 01:39 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Gokart on 07-13-2007 04:46 AM
Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
I have the rear quarter scoops which are pretty straight forward on install but the door areo extensions has anyoe really used them? If so do you remove the factory areo moldings and bond to the door skin? And the front fender? If they are a pain and not very durable I may just leave them off like everyone else does.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
3.8 SC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Murphy:

I have the rear quarter scoops which are pretty straight forward on install but the door areo extensions has anyoe really used them? If so do you remove the factory areo moldings and bond to the door skin? And the front fender? If they are a pain and not very durable I may just leave them off like everyone else does.

Yes, you will need to remove your GT molding from the door and front fender. The area where the the extensions are going to be placed, needs to be roughed up for a good bond, as well.

------------------
WWW.CLEVELANDFIEROS.COM

My rear defuser

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Mike if you decide not to use the ausie door rocker trim, i may know someone who may be interested in them.

Why you ask ?

Long answer

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/042351.html

Cliff note version.

Sorry girl not included in the package hehehe.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-07-2006).]

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Jim`s site said you need the GT stlye lower skirts for it to appear right on your Fiero. ??

http://www.fieroshop.com.au/estore/view_product.php?product=2
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Yep. The GT ground effects skirts. The door pieces are different. Basically you bond them on to the doors. I would say about 60% of people use them. The others leave the originals on.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
One of the fellows in our club bonded his with urethane adhesive similar to what is used for whidshields. Apparently it remains somewhat flexible and adheres well to the door panels. His look great and I am going to dig into this a bit.

Nolan
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
OK, I did a little investigation. The guys at the body shop supply store recommended that a urethane sealer/adhesive be used, the product that they have is:

Proform PF 224 and according to the tube it is:

- Recommended for applications that may be under stress and vibrations.
- It's a high density urethane sealer that eliminates shrinking often found in solvent and rubber based sealers. It can also be used as an adhesive for metal, plastic and fiberglass.
- Paintable in 30 minutes.
- Also sandable.

Here's a picture:

Nolan
fierogtrouge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtrougeSend a Private Message to fierogtrougeDirect Link to This Post
Is anybody know if we can trust the FieroShop beacause I order
a pair of StageScoop 2.... 4 monthe ago and I don't receve anything I,m
geting very nervous... If some one can help me buy selling me this scoop
II'l apreciate
thank you
J-P
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtrouge:

II'l apreciate
thank you
J-P

Common issue that comes up every so often. Thats what always kept me from buying a set of them. Lucky I found a set on a car locally that I bought.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Go to Eklers Corvette parts and buy Fiberglass to SMC Adhesive.
NewGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewGTSend a Private Message to NewGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtrouge:

II'l apreciate
thank you
J-P

The Fiero Shop is run by an Aussie named Jim Davis (if I remember correctly). He is registered on Pennock's as "Ausfiero." I have not seen a post from him in a while but I doubt that he has abandoned the forum.

I purchased the Stage 2 scoops from him on e-Bay about three years ago. When they arrived (took about 2 months) one of them was badly warped. All I wanted was for him to replaced the damaged one, but he sent me a complete new set. I had to wait another three months for the replacement, he said he was in the middle of going to a new fiberglassing shop. I believe, from my experience that he is honest, but very slow (In his defense, he also said he was having some significant medical issues at the time). You need to be persistent in contacting him - try using his Ausfiero contact to PM him. Good luck!

BTW - I have installed mine and love how they look.

[This message has been edited by NewGT (edited 01-17-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NewGT:

The Fiero Shop is run by an Aussie named Jim Davis (if I remember correctly). He is registered on Pennock's as "Ausfiero." I have not seen a post from him in a while but I doubt that he has abandoned the fourm.

Observant we are?

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke, unlike owner

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Sikaflex-11 FC

Sikaflex-11 FC is a one-component, gun-grade, adhesive and sealing compound of permanent elasticity. This dual-purpose material is based on a special moisture-cured polyurethane with an accelerated curing time

Has anyone used sika for the door trim?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DtheC:

Observant we are?

No **** .
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:
Sikaflex-11 FC
Sikaflex-11 FC is a one-component, gun-grade, adhesive and sealing compound of permanent elasticity. This dual-purpose material is based on a special moisture-cured polyurethane with an accelerated curing time
Has anyone used sika for the door trim?

Here's what I used. Great stuff. Dries quick and hard as cement. It sands nicely too!
http://www.westmarine.com/w...0001&productId=28500
Mixed with a little of this.
http://www.westmarine.com/w...0001&productId=29011

------------------

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I have started to glass them on instead the adhesive didnt dry over night so i used some spirts to clean it up. I am using tape to hold them in place then i will glass them on.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:
I have started to glass them on instead the adhesive didnt dry over night so i used some spirts to clean it up. I am using tape to hold them in place then i will glass them on.

Try clamps instead of tape. I used about 5 squeeze type clamps on each door while the epoxy was drying. You'll discover the door pieces are pretty straight and the door skins are not. Really hard to keep them in line without clamps.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock