Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Car sat 4 months, clutch not disengaging good pedal pressure & travel wts/wrng?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Car sat 4 months, clutch not disengaging good pedal pressure & travel wts/wrng? by Joseph Upson
Started on: 10-30-2006 12:18 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 10-30-2006 04:26 PM
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
Finally got the car back together and started after removing exhaust system and leaving it parked for 4 months. Started it and tried to put it in gear without success. Bled the system with the left front corner elevated a little, I have good pedal pressure and travel ~1" but can't put the tranny in gear while the engine is running. I have a dual friction clutch with about 50k on it and a stock pressure plate and believe they are fine since there was no problem when the car was parked. I started the car in gear and of course it took off and had to be shut down since pressing the clutch had no effect.

What can it be?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero norm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero normSend a Private Message to fiero normDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the disc is rusted to the flywheel or pressure plate. If you are out in the open, try putting it in a high gear, hold the clutch to the floor and start the engine. Shut it off if the car moves. You may have to do this several times to break it loose. If you are in a confined area you can put it in a high geat, have some one hold the clutch to the floor & then rock the car back & forth until it breaks loose
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I figured it out earlier, it was stuck pretty good, I had to crank it until it started while in gear, press the clutch in and floor it, not sure how much more effort would have been needed without the turbo, it snapped loose almost as if the clutch had been dumped. Never knew that could happen until now but I guess that's because I'm still on my first dual friction clutch.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock