Started on: 09-10-2006 06:15 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 09-11-2006 04:23 PM
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
want to know if you need a gasket from the lower intake to the heads because i have a set and dont have gaskets for that, so wasnt sure if there actually were gaskets for it or if i just dont have them?

------------------

See my lame film creations..
See F-I-E-R-O's Fiero store!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
do you have a v6 or 4cly ?
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

ok heads on, not torqed just yet

got a question here...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/076708.html

gaskets

one head

two heads are better than one...

If I recall you need to use a thick bead of hi temp RTV sealant on the 2 "S" parts between the heads and someone correct me if im wrong but the sealant goes up the sides of the head as I highlighted in orange in this pic, dont put it on til you are torqueing down the bolts for the lower intake though.

tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
yes there is a gasket for either the 6 or the 4.
for the 6, you need to install the gaske before the pushrodsas they pass thru a loop in the gasket.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
yea the pix he posted are of my engine... i have no gaskets for those areas..
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
i assume this is the askets you need

if you paypal me like $6 to cover shipping i wil send them out tommow (there brand new i had to buy a full gasket se for a few of the other gaskets)

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

want to know if you need a gasket from the lower intake to the heads because i have a set and dont have gaskets for that, so wasnt sure if there actually were gaskets for it or if i just dont have them?

They came with my last set of gaskets.. And were on the engine orginally.. They also go on BEFORE you stick the pushrods back in.. They sort of go between the holes..

I dont see how it would work without something, at least RTV.. ( tho id not trust that stuff to hold there )
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tjm4fun:

yes there is a gasket for either the 6 or the 4.
for the 6, you need to install the gaske before the pushrodsas they pass thru a loop in the gasket.

I have all these gaskets, not sure if the O-rings are for the distributer or not - tell me what u need and ill put them in the box of fasteners.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
btw I use acetone to clean oil off the surfaces i plan to use RTV sealant on, works well.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
btw bobadoo whats ur real name for the package? lol or should I just use bobadoofunk?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
o and Back On Holiday, yea i just need the 2 big ones!

and Bobadoo Funk works fine! wouldnt be the first time! (but Jerry Sadlo also works )

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 09-10-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
per tha bove note on the rtv, you need a thick bead on the flats on the block, be sure you det it into the corners where the head mounts. you do not need the rtv on the heads with the felpro gaskets.
in the second pic, I think the black o ring is the dist o ring, if you have it apart, you might as well put a new one on.
one last hint. before you put the valve covers on, since you can see the rocker arms, rotate the motor until the timing mark on the damper is at 0 and the rockers on cylinder 1 (lower right in the pic) ar bothe flat and not compressing any valves. the mark will be at 0 at the exhaust cycle too, so go one more turn if that is how it is. this way when you drop in the dist, you can set the rotor pointing to where the #1 cylinder wire will be. it's easy to set to 0 now, and that should get you close enough to start and run.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tjm4fun:

per tha bove note on the rtv, you need a thick bead on the flats on the block, be sure you det it into the corners where the head mounts. you do not need the rtv on the heads with the felpro gaskets.
in the second pic, I think the black o ring is the dist o ring, if you have it apart, you might as well put a new one on.
one last hint. before you put the valve covers on, since you can see the rocker arms, rotate the motor until the timing mark on the damper is at 0 and the rockers on cylinder 1 (lower right in the pic) ar bothe flat and not compressing any valves. the mark will be at 0 at the exhaust cycle too, so go one more turn if that is how it is. this way when you drop in the dist, you can set the rotor pointing to where the #1 cylinder wire will be. it's easy to set to 0 now, and that should get you close enough to start and run.

thanks for the tip! i was actually gonna ask about that later!
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Auto parts store will have a red (permatex 400 plus) degree sealant, great stuff. If it hasn`t been mentioned, don`t cut those gaskets--its tempting--but don`t cut them, also lay a little bead of rtv up around the head area--as mentioned above. You have the manual for the torque sequence too?
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
ive cut every lower intake gaset ive ever done, and its not been a problem before..... some of these engines have 50,000+ miles on them now, i always cut around the pushrod area's *IF* the heads dont have to come off.

matthew
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
well we just removed pushrods for now since i had to torque the heads still

also check the build thread

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock