HUD and PIP Test by Firefighter
Started on: 09-04-2006 11:30 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: musicman_L7 on 09-06-2006 08:20 PM
Firefighter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
I thought I would post my HUD photo. I installed it a while ago but always had trouble with PIP and wanted to try it again. The photo is of a piece of blacked glass placed at the upper corner of the driver's side speaker ( the passenger side won't work too well). The read out is MPH only and is especially great at night. The sending unit is built into the back of the gauge cluster and projects an image which reflects back at eye level. Well, maybe PIP will work. Ed
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
What, no one gives a crap about my clever, ingenious and creative use of digital technology, reflection and refraction, optical qualities better than the Hubble telescope????????????
Well nuts Ed

------------------

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
What does that there squiggle do? Or is that a smudge? *squints hard*
Timm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TimmSend a Private Message to TimmDirect Link to This Post
i think its cool
frantech87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frantech87Send a Private Message to frantech87Direct Link to This Post
The picture is too small for my old eyes to see!

Fran
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I was about to cry and sell my Fiero until you guys replied. Here is a bigger photo I hope. Ed
musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
So, from the unit you show in the picture, it reflects onto the windshield? Or is that the display there, which the image is being projected onto from behind the dash? I like the idea... Assuming I'm understanding it right.

Do you have any wider shots, showing how it looks from the outside, or any pics including a larger portion of the dash. I'm interested in how noticable it is.

**edit** By the way, I like your sig!

------------------
Nic

Beware the toes you step on today, for they may be attached to the ass you must kiss tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by musicman_L7 (edited 09-06-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock