Started on: 07-28-2006 09:37 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 07-29-2006 07:35 PM
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
I plan on using the 3400 roller cam short-block from the Pontiac Transport, mated to iron heads, and boost at around 15psi. My basic questions are these:

If the stock roller cam pistons are used with the iron heads, what will the resulting compression ratio be?

I understand that custom length pushrods need to be made to a 5.85" length, but will the diameter still be the same as the original 3400 pushrods?

Does anyone supply aftermarket lifters for this engine?

If you have had your camshaft re-ground, specifically for a boosted application, who did you use and what prices am I looking at?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
TTT

Thanks
black88fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2006 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black88fieroSend a Private Message to black88fieroDirect Link to This Post
i have a 3.1 bored out .030 with iron heads from a 2.8 and im running between 9.0-9.5 to 1 compression ratio i actually cc'ed my engine my self then found the calculations on the web with told me my CR. Im not sure about the rest hope this helps a bit
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2006 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
Doubt anyone makes after market lifters for it, it's interesting that you would want to replace them. Schneider cams did my regrind for about $130. Since I'm using a complete fwd engine I'll have to purchase custom pushrods for it since the rockers have a fixed adjustment. Crane Cams quoted me ~$90 for a set. I'm tempted to purchase the cutter and ends from Comp Cams and make my own.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock