SES light, how do I scan this? by Mighty Thor
Started on: 07-27-2006 03:41 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: 3800superfast on 07-27-2006 07:58 AM
Mighty Thor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mighty ThorClick Here to visit Mighty Thor's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mighty ThorDirect Link to This Post
Hi my Fiero is throwing a SES light. How do I go about scanning this.

The previous owner gave me a scanning tool and a code book. I looked underneath the dash on the driver side and found a whole bunch of wires but no place to plug this scan in. Is it located behind the center console or lighter?

Please give me some step by step instruction on how to do this. Would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
The diagnostic port is located behind the black panel that surrounds the cigarette lighter.
If all you want to read is the specific code number, you need only connect two of the diagnostic port's pins with a paperclip. I can never remember which. Then turn the key on and count the flashes of the SES light.
But if you have a proper scan tool, it may give you far more detailed information about the problem, by way of what all the engine sensors read.
Which scan tool do you have?

[This message has been edited by Jax184 (edited 07-27-2006).]

stephsformula

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stephsformulaSend a Private Message to stephsformulaDirect Link to This Post
The plug in for the scan tool is behind the lighter plate, just plug it in then turn your key to the on position. The SES light will start to blink.It will blink out 12 three times in a row then it will blink each code three times then when its done it will blink 12 three more times.EG for code 24 it will go- blink blink blink blink blink blink blink blink blink blink blink
blink blink blink blink blink blink blink and so on
if needed most auto parts stores will print you a flow chart for each code so you can the figure out your exact problem for each code. Good luck
Mr.Fusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.FusionSend a Private Message to Mr.FusionDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:

Hi my Fiero is throwing a SES light. How do I go about scanning this.

The previous owner gave me a scanning tool and a code book. I looked underneath the dash on the driver side and found a whole bunch of wires but no place to plug this scan in. Is it located behind the center console or lighter?

Please give me some step by step instruction on how to do this. Would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks

all of the instructions are here, on this website: https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi?ECMCodes

I shorted the 2 points myself, not exactly how much better the scanner tool you use is.
I get the infamous error 32, EGR leak or solenoid failure I presume from my readings.

Hope this helps buddy.
Mr.Fusion

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
I`m curious about what scan tool you have, as mentioned above everything to check codes is in the link provided, if you want to dabble a little further.
http://winaldl.joby.se/
http://aldlcable.com

[This message has been edited by 3800superfast (edited 07-27-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock