Started on: 07-04-2006 01:20 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 07-10-2006 12:35 AM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Really need help with this problem, so cross posted from a Auto to manual thread I was replying to:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/074558.html

ok, im at the point now (trying to start my auto with a manual harnass) been through the book, wont start... no click, i am getting voltage at the purple & yellow hanging connector mentioned in the other topic (auto to manual). now, is there a way to fool it into thinking Im in park/neutral or do I need to do some major rewiring?

please be an easier way than ripping out the interior and swapping the auto harnass in.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
reading archives, especially this:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20030819-2-034606.html

I just might swap the harnass in... /sigh

then the next post :
Indiana_resto_guy makes it sound simple to swap, since my entire engine harnass is Auto, all I need is the front interior harnass (from 5 speed manual) to work with it...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20030204-2-026564.html

still looking for help
Fierobruiser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams but if the manual harness is still in the car, have you jumpered the clutch neutral safety switch. The purple and yellow wires at the auto neutral safety switch on the trans can be jumpered to bypass that when it is faulty or misadjusted. If you need a diagram, I can come up with one. Good luck Andrew.

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 07-04-2006).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
by the old clutch pedal is a connector, w/yellow & purple wires. jump these wires. it will think you are in park/neutral. to do it right, these 2 wires need to run to the connector on the transmission
also your backup light switch goes on that connector
I think the rear hatch realase is on the yellow/purple wiring - on the yellow side
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
free bump for the night crowd, thx for the help so far guys
Fierobruiser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
In the manual harness the yellow wire runs from the ignition to the 'clutch start switch' and then to the C500. A purple wire runs from there to the starter solenoid . In the auto harness the yellow runs from the ignition to the S207 connector (near the column) for the trunk release relay and then to the C500 and then to 'transmission position switch' (neutral safety) and purple from there to the starter solenoid. Not much else to go wrong other than a short or bad ground. if you have power back to the neutral safety unplug the connector and use a paper clip to jump the yellow to purple in the connector. If it starts the neutral safety has to be aligned properly for the car to start and for the back-up lights to work in the proper gear. So basically you have to get the yellow wire through the cluch start switch to C500 and the purple wire from C500 to the trans switch. You'd then have purple in and out of the trans switch instead of yellow and purple. I imagine you need at least the part of the auto harness that runs to the neutral safety to make this easier.

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 07-05-2006).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the help guys, since I have only 3/4 of the interior in it sounds easier to just pull it back out and swap in the auto harness(interior only)
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
bah, what a pain in the arse

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 07-06-2006).]

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Did you simply put an auto engine in a manual car using the auto engine harness but kept the manual interior harness??? If so, its at the C500. You need to move the starter wire. Something like E2 to A4, I can't recall off the top of my head, but check to make sure that wire is in the right position.

If that is all set, then just cut/splice/pin/whatever the clutch switch wires together underneath the dash and you'll be good to go.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

bah, what a pain in the arse

I see lots of spagetti ...and I do wiring ...

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Finished the wiring tonight(about time with all my added/modded wiring I had to swap over also to the other harnass), turn the key and crank! (yes timing off slightly, I replaced the rubber O ring and didnt put it back exactly)

heres a sneak peak of the interior - some things yet to be installed still

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock