Door glass edge seal replacement by Toms88
Started on: 06-22-2006 09:40 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Fie Ro on 06-22-2006 11:53 AM
Toms88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2006 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Toms88Click Here to visit Toms88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Toms88Direct Link to This Post
Well, I hate to do it, but the "dew wipes" on my GT are almost gone. Time to replace them.
Have any of you done this, and is it as bad as it sounds? I got some good info from Bob Sitser, and am
interested in hearing from any of you who have been through this. Any info/words of wisdom you would care to share
would be most welcome! I was hoping there might be some shortcut to this swap-don't want to remove window glass or outside body panels if I can help it!
Thanks.
Tom
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Toms88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2006 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Toms88Click Here to visit Toms88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Toms88Direct Link to This Post
Thanks! Will check the writeup.
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2006 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Your Welcome, I think this would be a good time to replace the inner felt ones too. Good Luck
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I have replaced them about 6 months ago, read through the how-to's before that. I removed the inner doorpanel but didnt remove the glass. The inner philips screws were the suckers because they were rusted and I couldnt get them out despite I fabbed some tool to reach them....ended up knocking the heads off with a chisel. Other than that it wasnt that hard to do. Good luck!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock