Started on: 06-18-2006 09:46 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: DrDave on 06-18-2006 10:23 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
To you guys that have done 4.9 swaps, I have been reading up on the swap and from what I found you are getting into big problems with the wiring and injection system when you live in an area that requires emission testing. Somewhere I read that it`s almost required to use a chevy system and adapt it to the 4.9. Am I misinformed because I have no problem with doing all of the engine and trans to cradle work but I`m kinda lost when doing the wiring part.
Thanks for any replies
Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I dont know anything about the 4.9 swap but I can tell you the 380SC swap on OBD2 can pass emissions without a CAT on the exhaust. Just a thought
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I thought the car has to have all of the emissions equipment that came stock on it which includes the cat. I know when I went to get my emissions testing done they visually checked for everything before they even did the sniff test.
DrDave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrDaveSend a Private Message to DrDaveDirect Link to This Post
I'm using the Caddy cpu.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock