missing problem, still "HELP!!!" by Ajax Zem
Started on: 06-16-2006 06:48 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 06-17-2006 09:41 PM
Ajax Zem

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ajax ZemSend a Private Message to Ajax ZemDirect Link to This Post
Ok,as some of you might know I have been having trouble tracking down the source of my cars miss under load. (86' 2.5 manual) Idles fine and runs fine at full throttle above 2500. Motor has 75050 miles on it original. This is what I have replaced so far.

Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, fuel filter, fuel pump, O2 sensor, MAP sensor, coolant temp sensor, TPS sensor, pick-up coil, and nothing has made one bit of difference. No vaccuume leaks, no computer codes, everything seems to be working fine, but there is still a miss. I am ready to give up. Where do I go next???????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
You did not mention changing the module or pickup coil. I dont know 4cyl. but since you changed a cap and rotor I am guessing yours has a dis. .
Ajax Zem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ajax ZemSend a Private Message to Ajax ZemDirect Link to This Post
I didn't change the ignition module, but I did change the pickup coil. The ignition module is the only thing I havn't done yet. However, I am a little bit affraid to buy one because every part I've bought so far was going to fix the problem, but didn't. You know what I mean? This car is killing me.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Well from what I have heard from 4cyl owners the possible things could be the module, worn timing gears, timing setting, worn distributor.

I would hope some 4cyl owner would chime in with ideas. If you don't get any advise, you might try reposting and changing the heading and add it's a 4 cyl.
Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
Worn timing gears wouldn't really do it. Being gears, they eather work or they don't. When they go, the entire valve train and the ignition stops, and the engine won't run until they're replaced.
Ajax Zem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ajax ZemSend a Private Message to Ajax ZemDirect Link to This Post
Could it be the ignition module? What are the signs that one is on it's way out?
nu2fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nu2fieroSend a Private Message to nu2fieroDirect Link to This Post
If your engine has a vacume operated EGR valve, unplug the vacume to it then drive it and see if that helps.
Also check pcv valve.
Ajax Zem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ajax ZemSend a Private Message to Ajax ZemDirect Link to This Post
What would the PCV valve have to do with missing? I've tried the EGR, it's new as well.
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you replaced about everything, just a couple more ideas here,
1. low fuel out put at the injector
2.weak or faulty ignition components/system
3. vacum leak in the fuel injection system, intake mainfold or vac hoses
4. low or un even cylinder compression pressures
Just a idea, may want to try winaldl or some other program to pin the problem down, that way your not throwing parts & money at it.
www.aldlcable.com
http://winaldl.joby.se
Ajax Zem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ajax ZemSend a Private Message to Ajax ZemDirect Link to This Post
Alright, I rechecked all vaccuumes, fuel preasure is good, and I just replaced the Ignition Control Module, Pulled all my plugs and rechecked the gaps, checked all my grounds. No change. The ICM didn't help at all.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried plugging the vacuum line to the egr valve to see if that made and difference in the miss.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock