Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Where is the signal module located and where do I buy one.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Where is the signal module located and where do I buy one. by va441975
Started on: 06-09-2006 06:10 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: va441975 on 06-09-2006 07:48 PM
va441975

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for va441975Send a Private Message to va441975Direct Link to This Post
Hello all,
I am wondering where the signal module is (the thing that makes the signals click on and off when the turn signal is engaged) and where can I buy a new one? Mine is starting to go I think my signals still work but sometimes they work right other times they go real fast and when they do that I do not hear the signal module clicking at all but when they are working right I hear the signal module working fine. Can someone please tell me where it is and where I can buy a new one and what is the correct name for it.
Thanks guys I appreciate it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-09-2006 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
A fast signal blink rate usually means a short in the circuit on that side, such as a bad bulb or socket, though more often the problem is that the signal just won't blink on one side.

The flasher can is located under the steering column, you have to remove the plastic trim panel under the column to expose it. It is silver and round, about an inch and a quarter in diameter, and it's just hanging loose or clipped to a metal bracket.

JazzMan
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
There are 2 flasher units. I believe the one under the steering column is for the 4-way flasher and the regular turn signal flasher is on the passener side near the chime box (blue thingy).

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

There are 2 flasher units. I believe the one under the steering column is for the 4-way flasher and the regular turn signal flasher is on the passener side near the chime box (blue thingy).

Close, but not quite right. The one next to the blue ding thingy is for the emergency flashers. The turn signal flasher is under the dash on the driver's side - usually clipped to the dash bottom trim cover.
jconnor34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jconnor34Send a Private Message to jconnor34Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Whuffo:

Close, but not quite right. The one next to the blue ding thingy is for the emergency flashers. The turn signal flasher is under the dash on the driver's side - usually clipped to the dash bottom trim cover.

The man knows his flashers.
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Second vote for it most likley being something else, either way though, its cheep enough and easy enough to replace. EVERY autoparts store carries them. But keep in mind, Fiero's have problems in the front marker light sockets, whitch is a suprisingly common problem. Also, it helps to know that the speed that the blinker works is usually the best indicator of what type of problem you have. In particular, Slower flashing or no flashing means that a bulb is incorrect, installed backwards or burnt out or there is an open circuit or ground. Fast flashing is usually a short, but could also be an incorrect bulb with too low a resistance. So when checking a turn signal problem, ALWAYS verify that every light is working properly first. If not, then start checking the bulbs and sockets, then go from there.
va441975

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for va441975Send a Private Message to va441975Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. My car has sequentail (I know I didn't spell that right) signal lights. I really like them. Anyway I found the flasher under the trim of the steering column. Put a heavy duty one in from Advance works like a charm again. The hazards work but the sequential part of the hazards don't work but I got my turn signals going the hazard one may be going bad too I will see.
Thanks again guys.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock