Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Getting ready to do Plug, Wires & Fuel Filter on the 4.9 Any recommendations/Tricks?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Getting ready to do Plug, Wires & Fuel Filter on the 4.9 Any recommendations/Tricks? by linenoise
Started on: 06-03-2006 10:22 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: linenoise on 06-05-2006 09:31 PM
linenoise

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
1. I've never done the plugs on the 4.9 how hard are the rears? Anything I should know in advance?
2. Fuel Filter, where / how?

TIA

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
1- The plugs on the front side of the engine are about as 'easy' as the v6. The first one is harder than the rest, but not too bad. The one that gave me the most grief was on the trunk side, first cylinder. I was tempted to bore a hole in the trunk to stick my socket/extension through to make it easier. I think that I ended up sticking my hand through the hole where the plastic triangle covers the dog-bone mounting bolt/nut.
2- No idea- different swappers put them in different places. Mine is under the car on the passenger side beside the tank.
linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

1- The plugs on the front side of the engine are about as 'easy' as the v6. The first one is harder than the rest, but not too bad. The one that gave me the most grief was on the trunk side, first cylinder. I was tempted to bore a hole in the trunk to stick my socket/extension through to make it easier. I think that I ended up sticking my hand through the hole where the plastic triangle covers the dog-bone mounting bolt/nut.
2- No idea- different swappers put them in different places. Mine is under the car on the passenger side beside the tank.

1. Thanks
2. PBJ IIRC said it's the stock one.
CentralFloridaFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CentralFloridaFierosClick Here to visit CentralFloridaFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to CentralFloridaFierosDirect Link to This Post
1. I did mine prior to install, used the 100k mile AC Delcos so I hope to not to have to change them. Add some Performance wires while you are at it. I used Accel. 8 mm Spiral Core SS and they are Tailor Fit. No cut to fit and slpicing. They come in BLUE RED YELLOW & BLACK

Buick Pontiac HEI V8 Accel 8mm Superstock Spiral Spark Plug Wires PN 5051

Blue 5051B
Black 5051K
Yellow 5051Y
Red 5051R

2. NO help there, My filter is in the built into the Carb!

------------------
Central Florida Fieros
Home of
The Fall Haul
And
Spring Fling Poker Run
www.centralfloridafieros.net

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
Wow I'm very suprised at how easy these plugs are to chnage. I still have 2 Left on thefirewall side, all the rest have been very easy other than 1 Old Plug shearing the threads off in the head. Luckly as easy out took care of that.
linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
Last plug Firewall side nearest the battery was pita but doable. Fuel pump hasn't been to bad, just put the car down and checked for leaks. have to retighten. but should be done soon

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

linenoise

3789 posts
Member since Jun 2003
WOW should have done this sooner. totally diffrent car now.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock