Started on: 05-30-2006 10:36 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: austinderrick2 on 06-01-2006 11:15 AM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
What is the difference in the regular notchbacks and the GT interior trim? I have a 1985 GT and I maybe buying a 1987 notchback tomorrow because I want to use some of the trim and also it has a 5 speed that I would like to put in my 85 which is an automatic. Being that it is a 4 cyl it has the Isuzu but at 200.00 for the whole car I figure all of the parts I need for the swap into my GT is well worth that.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ultimate

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UltimateClick Here to visit Ultimate's HomePageSend a Private Message to UltimateDirect Link to This Post
Nothing, other than the guages, seats maybe and steering wheel.

Other than that, you can do a full swap with no problems. I know this because I've done it Lotsa fun.

------------------
88 Fastback GT
My blog: www.sti-media.com/blog/

DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Seats are swapable, may need to do some wiring if you are going to 'add' lumbar support, and head rest speakers.

[This message has been edited by DtheC (edited 05-31-2006).]

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
May want to research the work in-volved on doing a auto to manual swap. It can be done, but research before hand ...200.00 is a great deal....
Ultimate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UltimateClick Here to visit Ultimate's HomePageSend a Private Message to UltimateDirect Link to This Post
I think what I meant to say was that the seats and steering wheel are swappable, but aren't the same. Just style really. Other than that, no problems I think.
austinderrick2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for austinderrick2Send a Private Message to austinderrick2Direct Link to This Post
Like somebody up^ said, the standard to auto is the only problem...
The shift area will be differernt but EVERYTHNIG else should swap with no trouble at all; most of it will even be the same parts lol...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock