The Mutt becomes a Chop Top by F355spider
Started on: 08-25-2005 08:45 PM
Replies: 328
Last post by: F355spider on 09-28-2006 10:53 AM
87SEV6Reborn05

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2006 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEV6Reborn05Send a Private Message to 87SEV6Reborn05Direct Link to This Post
Nice job, just the engine I wanted to see.....

[This message has been edited by 87SEV6Reborn05 (edited 01-09-2006).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Spyder do you plan to keep it wingless ??

I kinda prefer the wing.

Any progress on your custom rockers or rims ?

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Spyder do you plan to keep it wingless ??

I kinda prefer the wing.

Any progress on your custom rockers or rims ?

The wing will go back on the car I took it off for sanding I plan to get it in black primmer this weekend. I have a set of GT rockers I have to pick up and Rims are in the future. I don’t want to paint until I get the drive train finished. If I take it to Daytona it will have to be flat black primmer I just wish I could get the 3800SC in it before then.

jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Direct Link to This Post
I am going to be in dallas next week 19th and the 20th is there a chance I could come see your project?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jessesmith121:

I am going to be in dallas next week 19th and the 20th is there a chance I could come see your project?

Yes you may, PM me I will give you my number.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I got the primmer on it.

I forgot the headlight covers and wing I will get them done this week.
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Beauty!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Looking good my man !

Hey don't worry mine will look worse than yours (multi-colored panels), definatly bring it to Daytona !!

Don't rush the engine swap you can always do that after the show !

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
that flat-black primer looks good, i like that look.
i think i'm going to do that to my black formula and leave it.

BITBYFIEROBUG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BITBYFIEROBUGSend a Private Message to BITBYFIEROBUGDirect Link to This Post
Wow...five months so far and still going. This is a lbour of love...and I love it. Keep us posted.
BERKELUSA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BERKELUSAClick Here to visit BERKELUSA's HomePageSend a Private Message to BERKELUSADirect Link to This Post
"THE WRAITH 3" - Love the black.. POST ON !

Rob

PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
WoW, your making me want to start a chop top! Too bad I only have nice fieros right now, I got rid of all my junk. I guess I will have to start looking for a donor. Once again I follow in your foot steps, first the AD 355 now a chop top fiero.

Keep Up The Good Work!!

-Chris

PS hows your daughters car coming?

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, I finished her car but left the hood beat up as a reminder of what happened. I like the flat black also my neighbor does too. I am thinking of painting it flat black with flat orange tribal graphics now and I might go with a less flashy rim then. Here is one more pic.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I drove the car to work yesterday people freaked they can not believe how low and wide the little critter is and they think the black primmer makes it look like a darth vader car or at least one told me that. The downside it shows water spots bad I mean really bad worse than gloss black. The duke is acting up again I do not understand this little piece of crap I will be so glad to get it out of the car. I was at one point wondering if it was going to get me home. Gas mileage has dropped again This car wants that duke out bad I just wish the harness for the 3800 will be built soon. One more thing the wing on a Fiero works the car does not feel as planted as it did with the wing on it I never thought they made that much difference but after having it both ways the wing does work and it works good.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
will you be installing aero rockers on this beast?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
WOW,

Spider that sucker looks bada$$ !!

I cannot wait to get my choptop ! WoW !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-21-2006).]

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
WOW! VERY NICE!
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
ok. that's just what i needed to see! a homebrew choptop like that! i'm getting after mine hard tomorrow. thanks for the pics, and the motivation for me! watch your rearview....i'm right behind you. i'm planning a trip to dallas soon to pick up my motor. would love to meet up then and b/s awhile if you're game.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

ok. that's just what i needed to see! a homebrew choptop like that! i'm getting after mine hard tomorrow. thanks for the pics, and the motivation for me! watch your rearview....i'm right behind you. i'm planning a trip to dallas soon to pick up my motor. would love to meet up then and b/s awhile if you're game.

Always, I do live about 76 miles south of Dallas or 45 miles southwest of FT Worth just to let you know. Jessesmith121 came in to see me last week but thought I was near Dallas and was not able to come by but we had a great talk on the phone.
As the GT rocker Q Yes I'm getting a set from Midshipman.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I forgot The Mutt shut down last night I guess It is not worth spending any more money on keeping it on the road so when the rains stops I will pull it in my garage and start putting the 3800SC in it I will miss driving it but I do not want to spend money on a motor that is coming out soon anyway.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Spider,

Good luck with the swap. Any pics with the wing back on ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-06-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
chaosfinity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chaosfinitySend a Private Message to chaosfinityDirect Link to This Post
Bump for March!

Lookin Good bud!

urbanairpaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbanairpaintSend a Private Message to urbanairpaintDirect Link to This Post
Thats a nice looking choptop you got. Flat black is one of the worst colors of paint to use. It looks great for a little while and then it starts to get spotted and discolored in certain areas. Flat black is very vulnerable because it isnt protected by clearcoat.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Talked to spider, he has the 4.9 in !!
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Talked to spider, he has the 4.9 in !!

I thought he was going 3800sc?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

I thought he was going 3800sc?

I guess maybe that will be his next project ??

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
bump, any update?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tednelson83:

bump, any update?

Yes, he sold it.

The guy who purchased it was planning to dice it up for a countach replica because of the V-8.

Apparently he had second thoughts and may just leave it intact,..the jury is apparently still out.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Yea the Mutt is in Houston TX the new owner called yesterday He bought an 88 coupe for a donor he likes the Mutt and it looks like the car has saved itself. He is also buying my car hauler so I will see him in a week and should get a better answer by Then. Keep your fingers crossed I'm trying to get him to get it painted with a nice set of wheels. I did spend the day working on chopping the top on an 88 coupe with a friend so Texas has another chop top. We chopped this one with the windows in and did not have to modify the tracks it looks good.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Sweet !! Now you knoooooooooooooow we need pics of the second chopper.

Is the owner a forum member ?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I did spend the day working on chopping the top on an 88 coupe with a friend so Texas has another chop top. We chopped this one with the windows in and did not have to modify the tracks it looks good.

This wouldnt happen to be Stu's 88 Coupe?
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

This wouldnt happen to be Stu's 88 Coupe?

Yep here is the build thread http://www.diyfiero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104
This one is going to be sweet it will be to me the best to date for fit and finish I took what I found out from my first chop and applied it to this one. It has more head room and more side to side room It is not as low as the Mutt but he wanted the windows to fit as the factory ones and not to have to modify the tracks as I said before take a set of my windows and chop the car to them and wala loo one sweet chop. Stu was a lot of help but I tell you chopping someone’s car with them there is hell you can look at them and just see the fear in there eyes actually I enjoyed that part but it was hard to deal with sometimes but after a few words here and there and a lot of grunts we did work good together and now he has a great start to a supper sweet chop top. This is after our days work

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 05-22-2006).]

vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vegaSend a Private Message to vegaDirect Link to This Post
cool thread
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Direct Link to This Post
All these diy chop tops are going to become very handy for when its time to start modding. Thanks for all the info.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MclarenF1:

All these diy chop tops are going to become very handy for when its time to start modding. Thanks for all the info.

Great hope to see that here is one of the last pictures I took of the Mutt but if the new owner keeps it in tack I hope he will send me some after it is painted.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

take a set of my windows and chop the car to them and wala loo one sweet chop.

Every Glass shop I talked to said this is the right way to do it. Start with the glass first and you will get a much better fit and finish.

just see the fear in there eyes actually I enjoyed that part

Mike you sick puppy I discovered I can't work on anybody else's car. I have no fear of cutting on my own car, if I screw it up, no one to yell at or be yelled at. But I can't stand to see the fear in their eyes. I had to back out of a job recently on someone's car because I was afraid of screwing it up.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Mike you sick puppy

Thanks,
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I posted in the Mall but cannot find it? I am selling the remainder of the spare windows I have for $500.00 a set. First come first serve when gone they are gone. I will not be building any more Fieros for myself and I am selling all my stuff so I do not need to keep the windows.
hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
been trying to e mail but mail keeps bouncing back anyone else have this problem??
clynt
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
pm sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock