Started on: 08-25-2005 08:45 PM
Replies: 328
Last post by: F355spider on 09-28-2006 10:53 AM
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2005 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

****ing bad ass is all I have to say! Too bad I don't have the time and tools to do that myself. How much would it cost to have somebody else chop my fastback?

Thanks, If you pay to have it done it is 5K

IP: Logged
bryson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2005 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Looks good -- did you use heat to get the windows to the curvature you wanted?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2005 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bryson:

Looks good -- did you use heat to get the windows to the curvature you wanted?

Yes, I used a heat gun and two days but I have both in I will be glade to get the glass ones made I do not care for the Lexan but it will do until my glass ones are made. I like for things to be like factory and I do not like to settle for inferior windows.

I ordered new lock set so when they get in I can get the doors back on I was hoping to get the springs cut this week but the side windows took almost as long as the chop so I will get that done next week.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Thanks, If you pay to have it done it is 5K

Nah, actually Archie charges 4 k.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

until my glass ones are made.

Do you have a source for tempered side windows? The prices I was quoted were a bit on the high side. If you have someone lined up to make them at a reasonable price I need a couple of pairs made.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Mike, I definately need to come see your bad little ride!

--Will

------------------
My Cardomain Website: BLACKHEART FIERO

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Do you have a source for tempered side windows? The prices I was quoted were a bit on the high side. If you have someone lined up to make them at a reasonable price I need a couple of pairs made.

I hope, I will hopfuly know next week.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Mike, I definately need to come see your bad little ride!

--Will

Yea you do

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
what are your reasons for hating the lexan side windows so much?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

what are your reasons for hating the lexan side windows so much?

One word...Scratches, or as Snoop Dogg would say Scratchizzles

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
yeah but the covering is still on, i thought maybe they didn't bend right or something.
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2005 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

yeah but the covering is still on, i thought maybe they didn't bend right or something.

They did bend good but lexan is just a band aid and will never compare to Glass the Lexan bends and has to be helped into place. And I hate to half A$$ things so it will bother me until I get the Glass in Hope that helps explain why I want to not use the Lexan as long as I have to.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2005 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Going to see about glass tomorrow will see about a group buy also
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm going to send off my template today hopefully there will be a glass option for the future. I was told one side is ok because they will put it in auto cad for the other. Wish me luck
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Any idea what rims you are going to go with ? What size ?

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post

Well I'm going to send off my template today hopefully there will be a glass option for the future. I was told one side is ok because they will put it in auto cad for the other. Wish me luck

Earlier this year I contacted a company called AGI here in the states into making custom auto glass and they said they could as a matter this is the only company that does it in the USA if there was a market for it ,I explained to the contact person and he said they could do a limited production depending on the amount I wanted and I left it right there.
That is my only hang up on me not doing a chop is the lexan windows after they are used a few times the scratches , I will try to find the information on them and if the # # s are right maybe we can do something with them.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2005 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Any idea what rims you are going to go with ? What size ?

Yes, the ones that are on it, I like the gt lace wheels I have new tires on them and the car drives great.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2005 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Earlier this year I contacted a company called AGI here in the states into making custom auto glass and they said they could as a matter this is the only company that does it in the USA if there was a market for it ,I explained to the contact person and he said they could do a limited production depending on the amount I wanted and I left it right there.
That is my only hang up on me not doing a chop is the lexan windows after they are used a few times the scratches , I will try to find the information on them and if the # # s are right maybe we can do something with them.

I've got a supplier and have worked it out with a friend of mine that owns a Glass shop to get the windows shipped to. They cannot make the windows for an individual but will ship them to my friends shop. As far as being the only company in the US I think you were misguided but the company does have to be DOT approved and there are several. Good luck with your windows. I hope that my windows will work on Archie’s chops so I can help all of his customers get factory glass if they want it.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2005 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
how much length did you take out of your roof?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2005 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

how much length did you take out of your roof?

Are you asking about height or length not sure witch one but I trimmed about an inch of the length to fit the sun roof and my back window is 4" shorter than the OEM one and my side window is 3.5" shorter at the back than the OEM. I hope this helps with your Qs

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
actually i was talking about the part you had to trim off after leaning the windshield back. i removed 1/2 inch. if your chop is within 1/2 inch of that and the price is reasonable i would be interested in a set of windows.
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2005 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Do you mean this piece
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2005 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
yup
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2005 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
If you want to send me a template of your side window opening I will compare it to mine. If this becomes a done deal the windows will be purchased from my friends glass shop this will be the best way to go because I just made it happen and will be out of the picture as buying the windows go. That goes for any one else that wants in but please do not send until I know for sure it is a done deal and can give a price.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2005 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I hope that my windows will work on Archie’s chops so I can help all of his customers get factory glass if they want it.

I am hoping this is true too

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2005 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Has anyone braved chopping a T-top car or making a Targa Chop top? I know it may be a reach to make these types of cars. Thanks for the write up on the chop. I am not able to do mine, but it does show what is involved in the operation. I plan to get my Fiero chopped when I get back to the states. It will also be Texas based, since I am moving back to Houston in 2006.
S.Williams
Soon to have a chop top Texas based Fiero. (LOL)

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2005 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Has anyone braved chopping a T-top car or making a Targa Chop top? I know it may be a reach to make these types of cars. Thanks for the write up on the chop. I am not able to do mine, but it does show what is involved in the operation. I plan to get my Fiero chopped when I get back to the states. It will also be Texas based, since I am moving back to Houston in 2006.
S.Williams
Soon to have a chop top Texas based Fiero. (LOL)

Great to here that, Good luck on getting back to the states. Jscott1 has a chopped t-top car he is working on and lives in your area. I do not know of any others after doing my car I think if the panels are separated the way I did mine it could be done the way I did my car. When it comes to cars if you have the will you can do it. If some one says it cannot be done well that is not in my vocabulary. I have seen some remarkable things done to Fieros on this Forum.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2005 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Has anyone braved chopping a T-top car or making a Targa Chop top?

As mentioned, Jscott bought someone else's T-Top Chop project - also, Chester had B&B Spyder install a targa on this GT after the chop was done, but from what I understand the quality was questionable (also, AFAIK the "Dirty Rat" has never seen completion).

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2005 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

As mentioned, Jscott bought someone else's T-Top Chop project -

Here is the thread on how to chop a t-top:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043452.html

I'm still trying to get glass fitted to it. I've got someone lined up to cut down a windshield for me, and if I could get side glass made I would be overjoyed.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I talked to the Glass Company today they said my window template was there but they will not get to check it out till Monday. I hate waiting but I hope it will be worth the wait.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

they will not get to check it out till Monday.

Thanks, keep us posted, (and any details on how you built your template?)

PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Thanks, keep us posted, (and any details on how you built your template?)

The best way is to use a sheet of metal and bend it and cut it the way you need it. I would think just to see how close your window is to mine a piece of cardboard cut out to fit in the window would work.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Well I cut my springs today on the Mutt I thought I would share this with you a Before

An After

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Next the steps The back first I removed the tire then the strut and spring then used ratchets straps to pull the spring in and removed the nut to remove the spring so I could cut it then just reverse to reinstall it

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Next the front I removed the wheel and the bottom shock bolt then the sway bar link and the bottom ball joint has to be removed and then lower the lower a arm and remove the spring cut and repeat.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

It took about 4 hours I just wanted to get some gap out of the wheel well and not lower it that it will not be a good daily driver. I'm thinking about adding some 18" wheels but will wait till all the paint is done. I like the lace wheels but the 15s just don’t work with the chop.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Damn spyder,...you sir are a jack of all trades !
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2005 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Well no news on the windows I called but they still have not got to it. My back window will be done tomorrow.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock