4.9 alternator wiring by GT
Started on: 04-18-2006 11:46 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: GT on 04-19-2006 06:34 AM
GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm finishing up the wiring on my 5.0 Caddy project and I'm currently rethinking the wiring for my alternator. It's a CS style alternator from a 92 Allante. According to the schematics for the Allante there are several connections made and two of them go to the BCM or the body control module. One goes to the battery and another goes to the battery but has an inline temp sensing resistor that measures the temp of the battery electrolyte.

I'm wondering if I can wire this alternator like any other Deville/Seville CS style alternator with one wire to the charging terminal and the proper brown wire to the dash light?

------------------
-Rick Stewart
85GT 5.0CaddyV8/Getrag 5-spd in progress...
www.V8Fiero.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
anybody?
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Rick I don't know that there is any difference, but I'm not an Allante expert. Joe
GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Joe. Wiring it like a Deville shouldn't hurt it me thinks according to the schematics, it may not work, but it shouldn't damage it. I'm going to try it, wish me luck.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock