Started on: 04-15-2006 08:17 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: jscott1 on 04-16-2006 11:21 AM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Picless right now, but using some pics I printed off here (Jscotts mostly) my dad and I spent a good portion of the day getting the roof cut and perfect for installing the t-tops. a little tired right now and lazy as I spent most of the day running on joy of how the car was looking (no caffeine in the house!)
next step : urethane sealing it in

had to stop for the day cuz I was basicly about to pass out from exaustion.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
mmm t-tops!

------------------
Mike
87 GT Factory Wingless

GT Wheel Refinishing Service comming soon.

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
The pix will be highly appreciated.
KeithGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTDirect Link to This Post
this is ganna be my next project also, cant wait....
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'd like to see how they look.

I can still remember that first drive I made after the t-tops were installed...PRICELESS

------------------

88 GT T-Top, 88 Fastback Chop-top (Archie #14), 1984 Indy, and 88 Chop Top T-top
Firebird Interior Installation Website

3800superfast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Pics please......
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I can still remember that first drive I made after the t-tops were installed...PRICELESS

Okay this thread needs pics, so here is a camera phone shot from that first topless drive

Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Okay this thread needs pics, so here is a camera phone shot from that first topless drive

OUCH!!! your missing qtr windows! updated pic please! lol jk

i understand the significance of the maiden voyage- dont get me wrong.
i just love uni-colored bright red fastback fieros....esp with black stock honeycombs on a dropped suspention

also would like to add that a Holleywood super-star Fiero has graced our presence in this thread lol (have yet ot see the movie, sorry!) do you get any type of royalties by the way? or did you receive any compensation- dunno if this topic was covered- not to veer the thread in any way.

i would think it would be very difficult to weld the t-top section into exact specs. or is it pretty easy to line everything up for proper window sealing, etc.?

------------------
Mike
87 GT Factory Wingless

GT Wheel Refinishing Service comming soon.

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
ok some early morning pics before I shuffle cars away from the project, dont mind the big junk pile of stuff beyond the pass side of the car... its going to the dump in a couple days. btw the car (if you cant tell) is going to be blue.

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 04-16-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike OHIO:

OUCH!!! your missing qtr windows! updated pic please! lol jk
also would like to add that a Holleywood super-star Fiero has graced our presence in this thread

i would think it would be very difficult to weld the t-top section into exact specs. or is it pretty easy to line everything up for proper window sealing, etc.?

Theoretically t-tops could be added without removing the quarter windows, but one slip of the sawzall and I broke one of them, so I removed them. They have since been replaced. updated pics are here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050690-3.html

Back on topic, T-tops are not welded in, they are riveted in. There are about 50 of the 1/4 in rivets that hold in the frame. There is some adjustability so the cuts don't have to be 100% precise. Just take lots of measurements before drilling the holes for the rivets. Luckily I had my brother to help, as drilling above your head can get tiring pretty quick. There is also adjustability in the weather seals and the windows. It is kind of tricky to get everything lined up for proper water sealing but the C&C design isn't all that great anyway and they are notorious for leaking. But you realize it's worth it when you make that first topless drive... As Madcurl says..."Life's Short Roll Hard"

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-16-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock