shifter cable adjustment: by Dans85GT
Started on: 04-04-2006 07:15 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Toaster_Man on 04-05-2006 06:25 PM
Dans85GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dans85GTSend a Private Message to Dans85GTDirect Link to This Post
is it really hard to adjust the tranny cables on the four speed manual transmission? its a bit hard to find the gears and i was told to have the cables adjusted and i dont want to bring it to a shop if i can do it myself.

------------------
~Dan~ 1985 Fiero GT & 1984 Fiero 2M4

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Hi, Try the search box at the top--lots of good info there , the service manual should have this info too. And I`m hands on --so would have to actually see it---but lets get you bumped back to the top for a answer.....
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure about the 4 speed but with the getrag I am able to adjust the cables a little at the brackets on top of the transmission...You might want to check that first because that is easier than removing the center console.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
My Muncie is refusing to engage 2nd until my revs come down some. I am thinking it is the synchroes getting old, but is it possible it is the cable? It stays in gear fine and otherwise works real well.

Arn

Toaster_Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunatly that is your synchro getting ready to buy the farm. My Getrag is doing the same thing with 4th gear.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock