Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  84 duke idles real high, code 22 TPS voltage low the problem?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

84 duke idles real high, code 22 TPS voltage low the problem? by m0sh_man
Started on: 02-25-2006 03:15 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Steven Snyder on 02-25-2006 03:55 PM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
just wondering if low voltage would cause a high idle problem, im going to replace the TPS regardless, but im just wondering.

matthew

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
If your ECM thinks you're always stepping on the gas a bit (because the TPS signal is messed up) it will never take control of the idle, hence a high idle with no Code 35. Sounds like this is the problem.
Check the wiring before you replace the TPS. You may have an intermittent break in the signal wire so the voltage drops out partially sometimes. The ECM will read the new lowest voltage as 0% throttle.. so if the voltage drops out while you're off the gas you can't get back to that low voltage.. thus the ECM thinks you're stepping on the gas pedal by like 5% If the reference voltage drops out completely the ECM resets its known lowest value to the next nonzero voltage it sees, so the problem can be intermittent.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock