Started on: 02-12-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Robert 2 on 02-13-2006 11:36 PM
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I have a problem where my temp gauge needle pegs at start and never comes back unless I beat the dash. I remember there being an electrical rewiring fix, but the more I look under search the more I find without pictures. It seems that the michiganfieroclub.com's article with pics has been lost, all I could find were written replies. Does anyone have a link?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to mention i had already seen that writeup, would rather do it the way where you switch the test light and temp gauge wire around at the dash, the connector to that temp sensor is in pretty bad shape, would probly fall apart if I took it off, but it gives an accurate reading.
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

I forgot to mention i had already seen that writeup, would rather do it the way where you switch the test light and temp gauge wire around at the dash, the connector to that temp sensor is in pretty bad shape, would probly fall apart if I took it off, but it gives an accurate reading.

read the whole write-up. in that procedure, you switch the wires at the motor and at the dash. the only way i know of how to do it.

on the dash side wire switch, be prepared to splice in extra wire for them to reach to the other side of the cluster. two main harnesses run up to each side of the cluster, and its very tight in there to pull a separate wire from that cluster if everything is mostly assembled.

but you need to swap wires at both ends of the system.

mike

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
oh really, i thought there was an alternative method where you only did it in the gauge cluster, my bad
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
The problem is the bulb test is wired to the gauge instead of the bulb so it pegs the gauge. I believe the error is at the base of the column where the connections are made. If you don't mind the light not being "tested", just cut the wire.

Somewhere in the archive should be the information I posed years ago. It might be under Terryk rather than TK.

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
rodney dickman they sell the connector around 5 bucks installed one on my car fit perfect http://www.rodneydickman.com/retail_new.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock