4.9 wiring question by GT
Started on: 01-31-2006 04:57 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: GT on 01-31-2006 10:48 PM
GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
I've gotten most of my wiring harness finished but there are two circuits that I'm not completely sure about.

1) The fan on my Fiero is controlled by coolant temp switches and A/C switches. The Caddy 'puter controls the two speeds through a lt blue wire and a dk blue wire. How are these circuits hooked up on a 4.9 Fiero?

2) Any hints on how to wire the A/C would be appreciated as well.

I have the 91, 92 Deville and '92 Allante Caddy shop manuals and the '85 Fiero shop manual. Any help with these two items would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Rick

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
For the fan hook the dark green wire from the fan relay to the low speed output on the ecm. I am not sure if there is an ac request on the 4.9 ecm and an a/c relay output if there is an a/c request hook the light blue wire from the c-203 that also goes to the AC relay. then hook the ac output to the dark green AC relay wire. If there is no AC output on the ECM then hook a jumper between light blue and green AC relay wires. Hope this helps.

------------------

Signature courtesy of MinnGreen.

GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
Yes, absolutely. Nearly crystal clear now. I went through the Deville and Fiero schematics for "cooling fan wiring" with your e-mail in hand and it all makes perfect sense now. I think working on wires in front of the TV every night for the last two weeks has fried my brain.

[This message has been edited by GT (edited 01-31-2006).]

GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post

GT

911 posts
Member since May 2003
FieroSTS-

I sat down to wire this puppy together...I got the cooling fan wired up and that's the important part. Thanks, a + for you.

My computer doesn't have an A/C output. You said...

If there is no AC output on the ECM then hook a jumper between light blue and green AC relay wires.

Could you explain this a bit more? I guess I'm confused as to what you mean. Do you mean to connect the light blue and the green AC relay wire, or something else?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by GT (edited 01-31-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock