carbd 4.9 intake by laurenskye
Started on: 01-10-2006 12:12 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: hellbentkrusty on 01-10-2006 10:52 PM
laurenskye

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for laurenskyeSend a Private Message to laurenskyeDirect Link to This Post
Where the carb sits on the intake, inside the intake bores are smaller tubes. Do these need to be bored out or removed some other way. They are supposed to be removed for running a carb right?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
have no idea what you are describing - need a picture
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
No boring needed for the carb to fit, I also thought it was weird that the holes was bigger on the intake then the carb, I ran it that way for the longest before I decided to funnel the hole to fit the intake, I did not feel any gains from doing it and it was pretty much a waste of time. So in short no you do not need to bore it

If you are talking about the EGR tubes you can either plug them or leave them, Just make sure you install a block off plate on the intake (were the egr valve goes) You will not be able to use the egr valve anyway.

If your going with the carb setup I would run a 3inch or bigger tubing and run the open type element air filter, The feeling was night and day. I went with the dodge ram intake kit.

One of the mistakes ppl make in doing these swaps is either running a carb hat style air filter( A big hot air sucker) or using the fieros stock air box (restrictive)

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 01-10-2006).]

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
I hear dimes & jb weld work wonders haha j/k, I couldn't resist

------------------

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post01-10-2006 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
Can I play too? Thanks

------------------

"all pushrod motor are better than the dohc because it has less rotational mass"
-rick17, MyMonte member, owner of a 3100 Monte Carlo LS

hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
+ for you arron just pissed myself
clynt

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock