Whats the correct order to bleed brakes by dillon11
Started on: 12-03-2005 10:43 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: jscott1 on 12-03-2005 09:00 PM
dillon11

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dillon11Send a Private Message to dillon11Direct Link to This Post
whih tire do u start from and which one do u finish at.....im thinkin.....LR.....RR......RF......LF.....correct me if im wrong...thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2000RagTop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
edit: to read left rear, right rear, right front, left front
everytime this question comes up, I always question myself then I look in the cave, and it's wrong in the cave.

copied from the cave.. quote

Bleeding

The angle at which the Fiero Master Cylinder is mounted can make the system hard to bleed. If you are having trouble getting all the air out then try parking the car nose down or jacking the rear until the MC is level. This is a common problem in GM cars with tipped master cylinders.

The mounting angle makes proper bench bleeding of master cylinders even more important than normal. Leave the bench bleeding stuff on the MC until the last possible second to prevent air from entering. (Pinch/plug the bleeder lines so you can carry the MC with the cover on.)

More about why the MC is such a pain.
Bleed Sequence

The preferred wheel sequence for bleeding is Right Rear, Left Rear, Right Front, and Left Front.
un- quote

The preferred wheel sequence for bleeding is Right Rear, Left Rear, Right Front, and Left Front.
Start with the farthest from the master cylinder .........
this picture shows the lines....

[This message has been edited by 2000RagTop (edited 12-03-2005).]

gunnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gunnieSend a Private Message to gunnieDirect Link to This Post
I have always started with the bleeder closest to the master cylinder and worked my way out.
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2000RagTop:

This is the correct way... going from the farthest away to the cloest. John

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2000RagTop:

This IS the correct way.
Brake fluid is cheap.
Bleed 'em every other year, and you'll not only be safer, you won't have as many problems with stuck bleeders, calipers, parking brakes.
You can buy or make a device with a small container and a peice of fuel line that allows you to do the job without an assistant.
Get/make one. Saves time, effort, and arguments.
(Go to a big auto parts store and look at a bleeder kit. It's easy to make once you've seen one.)

dillon11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dillon11Send a Private Message to dillon11Direct Link to This Post
but isint the left rear the farthest from the master cylinder?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dillon11:
but isint the left rear the farthest from the master cylinder?

You are correct. As the crow flies. If you look at the diagram you will see the length of the brake line to the right rear wheel is longer. It has been awhile since I put my eyeballs on my brake line routing but I believe it does represent the routing of the Fiero's brake lines.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
On most cars the right rear is furthest away from the master cyclinder, even in terms of line length, so a lot of mechanics will say start there just out of habit. On the Fiero the left rear is the preferred starting point.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock