Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Is it possible to drill new vacuum ports? (cleaning up a 4.9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Is it possible to drill new vacuum ports? (cleaning up a 4.9) by Capt Fiero
Started on: 11-23-2005 04:15 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: PBJ on 11-25-2005 09:11 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2005 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
The main reason the 4.9's look cluttered even well done 4.9's look cluttered IMHO. Is the routing of the vacuum and other hoses criss crossing.

Now water and coolant lines there is only so much you can do. But how bout vacuum stuff.

Can you drill a hole in the upper intake and use either a hollow threaded stock or other form of connection. This would allow you to put the MAP and related wiring stuff totally out of the way. There must be some way to re-design the setup.

I think I am going to make that my winter project. Find a way to clean up the 4.9's looks.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2005 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
This should not be a problem. My Edelbrock intake came with extra openings I had to plug off for just such things. You probably don't want them mounted in a runner, but the main plenum is fair game to me.

Arn

fiero4.3L

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2005 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero4.3LClick Here to visit fiero4.3L's HomePageSend a Private Message to fiero4.3LDirect Link to This Post
Many fords have a plastic log manifold on the firewall for hooking up various things that you could run a single large hose to. You need to determine if you need ported vacuum or manifold vacuum first. The MAP should have its own dedicated hose for quick response to changes.
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2005 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
I drilled and threaded ports for the vacuum and heater hose in the intake

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock