GTP HUD? by NorthFloridaFiero
Started on: 11-15-2005 10:23 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: NorthFloridaFiero on 11-16-2005 12:45 PM
NorthFloridaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone put in a HUD off a Grand Prix GTP in their fiero?
I got offered one and don't want to get it if it going to be a major pain to do
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Punch up a search for "HUD" in either TD&Q or Archived: TD&Q, and sift through the links.

From what I found in there with a quick skim, it doesn't sound that bad. Then again one person's "major pain" is quite often another peron's "afternoon entertainment".

[This message has been edited by dguy (edited 11-16-2005).]

fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
don't quote me on this but i believe that you need a new windsheild. just because when my g/f had to replace her windsheild on her 2000 grand prix W/O HUD the guy putting it in asked over the phone whether she had HUD or not. just something you may wanna check in to.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT (under construction...donate today)
2001 Grand Am GT (new addition)
1998 Dodge Neon R/T (who can forget that P.O.S.)

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
thats what i thought. I searched and some people said about putting a tint strip in there.
also most just mensioned other cars with it.
Anywhoo. nevermind I"m not going to do it.
Thanks
FIEROFROSTBITE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFROSTBITESend a Private Message to FIEROFROSTBITEDirect Link to This Post
Do a search here on the Forum. There was a thead on this in the last coulpe of years. If you decide to not do it, please let me know. I'd be interested in buying the HUD.
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I picked up a HUD from a 98 Grandprix. After some research I found out that you are supposed to use the special windshield but it is not required. It just wont be quite as bright. All the wiring should be pretty straight forward. The only problem I found was trying to find a way to mount the unit as it is pretty good size. I should have the wiring diagrams around here for the 98 style unit. If you need it I could try to track it down.

Chris

------------------
Chris

3.4 TDC SWAP COMPLETED...this is going to be a fun car

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Some guy who had a wrecked 97 GTP offered it to me, for like 30 or 40. I dont really need it right now, but if someone could provide a buildup thread about it, I would do it later on when I have other priorities.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock