Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Any Body with an F body with the monsoon system?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Any Body with an F body with the monsoon system? by Rickady88GT
Started on: 10-13-2005 07:52 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Formula88 on 10-13-2005 09:01 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I am replacing the stock Fiero radio with the entire Monsoon system out of a Firebird. Dose any one have any helpfull tips>
And I would like to know if the sub's in the B pillars have an enclosesure? What size would the speaker box need to be for the 6.5 subs? Would the box's need to be ported?
I dont know much about sound systems but I do know the stock FireBirb Monsoon system sounds great, and I want that sound in my 88GT

Thanks for any help,
Rick

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I have the Monsoon head unit, but I'm just using it with the stock speakers. I'm toying with using the other outputs and adding some of the Monsoon speakers/amps as well.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
OK. Do you like it? I have the Monsoon Radio too, but it sounds like CRAP. I Ebayed an amp and speakers just in case they are needed for the Head unit to sound better. For now I just don't turn it up?
aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerDirect Link to This Post
There is no enclosure for the rear b-pillar speakers in the f-bodies just a hole in the sheet metal with screw holes. The amp just powers the speakers reason it could sound shitty is worn out crappy speakers. But i never liked the monsoon system the bose was much better in my opinion.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

OK. Do you like it? I have the Monsoon Radio too, but it sounds like CRAP. I Ebayed an amp and speakers just in case they are needed for the Head unit to sound better. For now I just don't turn it up?

Sounds good to me. I've got Pioneer 4x10s, so it's not gonna sound great, but it doesn't sound like crap. I think it needs better speakers big time.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock