Started on: 10-10-2005 09:46 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Francis T on 10-10-2005 08:09 PM
goatnipples2002

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post
I'm almost done with a 3.1 swap but it is time for the dreaded valve lash. I know the 2.8 and 3.1 have the same balancer but do they have the same timing marks. I can't see why a stroker motor would have a different timing mark. Does anybody know the rod to stroke ratio of a 3.1?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
If you want to avoid a lot of grif later, assume nothing when it comes to those things. There are a few versions of dampers out there and they don't all agree whereas TDC and 10 degrees are concerned etc. Install whichever you brought and then set number one cylinder to TDC on the compression stroke and see if it matches the mark on the damper. If it didn't agree with the damperput a new mark there. Before you put that mark, remember you can be 180 degrees off and thus may have to turn the crank over to TDC again and don't turn the crank backwards ever to get back to TDC. If you want to pull the valve cover over #1 cylinder and watch the rockers, both valves will be closed as it comes up to TDC on the power stroke.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock