Using passkey box on 4.9 swap by mrod
Started on: 10-03-2005 06:11 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Elenor84 on 10-03-2005 09:32 PM
mrod

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2005 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrodSend a Private Message to mrodDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone out there used the passkey box on their 4.9 swap ? I am wondering if you need the right resistance between the wires that go to the key on the caddy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Crow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrowSend a Private Message to CrowDirect Link to This Post
I used a pass key box on a series one 3800. The wiring diagram for the module was hard to find. I ended up replacing the module since I tried all of the resistor values available. If you have the key, measure the resistance of the pellet and solder a resistor with the same value between the small wires. If you don't have the key, do a search for a remote starter company called designtech. Their website shows how to bypass the pass-key to install a remote starter. They have all of the possible resistor values. If none of these work you may want to look into an alternate module from west coast as a new module probably costs more than the alternate. I might have a wiring diagram but I'll have to look for it.
Jeff Smith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff SmithSend a Private Message to Jeff SmithDirect Link to This Post
You could contact Rockcrawl and send him your chip and he could reprogram it to do away with the passkey issue completely. Rockcrawl is on the forum.
mrod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2005 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrodSend a Private Message to mrodDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, I have the key resistance and was just wondering if anyone was sucessful using this method.
Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2005 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
Yes thats exactly what you need to do, and before I had a chip burned to turn it off I wired up the box that was in the caddy and put a variable resistor in to match the frequency.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock