Turbo 2.8 or 3.4 DOHC? by FieroX81
Started on: 09-27-2005 07:26 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: FieroX81 on 09-27-2005 11:15 PM
FieroX81

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroX81Send a Private Message to FieroX81Direct Link to This Post
I'm new to the board and am getting ready to ressurect my fiero. My motor is in need of a rebuild and i would like to restore the car back to respectability. I have been cruising some threads on here and it sounds to me like the 3.4 is a much better suited motor for the Fiero. Is there a particular 3.4L i should buy (year? model?). Also, i would also like to add a turbo to the motor as well. Which turbo would be ideal for a 3.4? My goal for the car is to be faster than stock and be able to mess around with some of the big boys without getting totally embarassed. I'm sure a similar thread has been posted a ton, but if you guys could give me some direction or refer to a good thread, i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for help guys.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
A 3.4 L from a 90s Camaro will replace the stock Fiero easily. A 3.4 DOHC will be much more work.

Since you plan to rebuild the engine adding a turbo will add ~$2K to your cost.

If you want to play, you got to pay.

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
A 3.4 DOHC will hang with pretty much anything, and take most stock stuff. They come out of 91-97 Grand Prix, Old cutlass supreme and chevy lumina. Turboing it should be insane, at least I hope to find out within a couple of weeks, all the pieces are coming together
FieroX81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroX81Send a Private Message to FieroX81Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the input guys. I'm leaning towards a 3.4 DOHC right now. I'm sure i'll be picking everyones brain plenty later .

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock