Started on: 08-22-2005 10:15 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: aaronrus on 08-23-2005 07:09 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Subject says it all, I have a 4.9 and started thinking that I should keep my eyes open for cheap upgrade parts.

What are the rated pound hour of the stock injectors and what other common cars can you swipe them from. Is there any performance gain going with slightly larger ones.

Oh is there an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the 4.9 maybe stay with stock injectors but up the pressure a bit.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aaronrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2005 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Subject says it all, I have a 4.9 and started thinking that I should keep my eyes open for cheap upgrade parts.

What are the rated pound hour of the stock injectors and what other common cars can you swipe them from. Is there any performance gain going with slightly larger ones.

Oh is there an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the 4.9 maybe stay with stock injectors but up the pressure a bit.

the 4.9L fuel pressure regulator is a funny animal.. with the stock fiero pump, it will give you about 38 to 40 psi... with a pump for a 3100 SFI GM car or similar animal, it will give you 45 to 50 psi..as to injectors..get 19 lb/hr injectors for a ford mustang 5.0L . get a set of accel injectors from summit racing or other such antity.. they'll run you about $180 to $200 for a set of 8

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
I have tried several different types of injectors and then went back to stock. Stock caddy 4.9 injectors were still not maxed out for our 4.9 turbo aplication. Also the stock 4.9 injectors are not the normal spray pattern like a TPI or others, they are a "mist" type and atomize the fuel almost completely. I would not swap out my 4.9 injectors again in my own 4.9 build up unless I found them isufficient. Even then I would get a quality spray pattern.

Pete

------------------

goatnipples2002

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post
I don't mean to change the subject...but are the 4.9 injectors better then say 19lb mustang injectors. Will they plug into the fiero fuel rail and the plug hole.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I will stay with the Caddy ones then and just look for a set of donor 4.9 injectors to get cleaned.

I have a set of 19# Mustang injectors here that I had sonic cleaned and were used in my Nitrous 2.9 motor for the Fiero. Got the entire set of 8 mustang ones on ebay for 60 bucks.

As for the fuel pressure reg, Aaron, I am using the stock Fiero pump now, but will upgrade to the later style pump soon, as my current pump is getting really loud and you can hear it straining sometimes. (yes I have a new filter)

But I guess there is no adjustable pressure reg for the caddy.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

aaronrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2005 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post
use the mustang injectors, they work just as well

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Well I will stay with the Caddy ones then and just look for a set of donor 4.9 injectors to get cleaned.

I have a set of 19# Mustang injectors here that I had sonic cleaned and were used in my Nitrous 2.9 motor for the Fiero. Got the entire set of 8 mustang ones on ebay for 60 bucks.

As for the fuel pressure reg, Aaron, I am using the stock Fiero pump now, but will upgrade to the later style pump soon, as my current pump is getting really loud and you can hear it straining sometimes. (yes I have a new filter)

But I guess there is no adjustable pressure reg for the caddy.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock