temp gauge pegging/ solution by Mike OHIO
Started on: 08-22-2005 08:43 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: ka4nkf on 08-24-2005 12:59 AM
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
i did the soulution from fiero sails or whatever it is. stopped the pegging of course, temp gauge worked fine. now its not reading anything. still isnt pegging. just isnt reading temp. i reversed everything back to original, and it didnt help. checked all my connections from where i spliced in wire. nothing. any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ka4nkf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ka4nkfSend a Private Message to ka4nkfDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like it is getting no voltage
Don
RTNmsds

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried grounding the temp sender wire at the block? If the gauge moves correctly, you probably have a bad sending unit.
loveliesbleeding

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loveliesbleedingSend a Private Message to loveliesbleedingDirect Link to This Post
I have a similar problem. My Temp light on my 85 coupe does not light up on start up, nor does it go on when the car heats up. I swapped it with one that I know works and still no light. I grounded the switch and the light goes on like it should. The fan switch and everything else works as it should. What gives?
Kevin
ka4nkf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ka4nkfSend a Private Message to ka4nkfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loveliesbleeding:

I have a similar problem. My Temp light on my 85 coupe does not light up on start up, nor does it go on when the car heats up. I swapped it with one that I know works and still no light. I grounded the switch and the light goes on like it should. The fan switch and everything else works as it should. What gives?
Kevin

I have noticed that also and do not understand about the red light. I do not know at what temp the red light comes on
Don

[This message has been edited by ka4nkf (edited 08-24-2005).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock