Door not straight... looking like an ugly job by Notchie Luvin David
Started on: 08-20-2005 10:30 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: OH10fiero on 08-20-2005 02:14 PM
Notchie Luvin David

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Notchie Luvin DavidSend a Private Message to Notchie Luvin DavidDirect Link to This Post
I've adjusted the hinges as far as possible, and it helped somewhat, but not nearly enough. My door is actually slightly twisted. The door itself, I beleive to be true, but it looks like part of the frame is slightly off, at the point where the upper hinge mounts. It is twisted slightly, causing the top half of the door to twist outwards, and upwards. (The door hangs high, and when latched, the bottom half is flush, while the top half is hanging outwards slightly). I pulled new hinges off of a fiero in a junkyard, but I don't expect them to help, as I doubt the originals are bent at all. I really think it is the much thinner metal that the hinges bolt to that is twisted. Anyone have advice on how to straighten up the frame? My only idea so far.. is to remove the door, pound, pry, etc. rehang the door (with the new hinges, pins and bushings while I'm at it) check the alignment, remove the door.. continue bending... All the while of course, praying that my windshield does not crack or something... There has seriously got to be a better way... Any ideas are appreciated, Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
If you think the A post has damage... get a body shop to estimate the repair and tell you what it needs.

If the door is damaged, you may be better off to dig up another door. It's allot easier to switch the door than repair it.

without seeing the damage it's hard to say what you need to do to fix it. You could make it worse if you go about it wrong.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurasic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
Look at the condition of the brass bushings on the door pins themselves, if they are worn they can make the door drop as much as 1 full inch. they are fairly easy to replace, and useing Rodney Dickmans tool for removing the springs makes the job a breeze. Also see if you can put your car side by side with another Fiero and compare to see if there really is any damage done to the frame where the door is attatched.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock