Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Chop Top #18, You name it, We build it. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chop Top #18, You name it, We build it. by Archie
Started on: 08-18-2005 12:00 AM
Replies: 59
Last post by: Will-Martin on 11-01-2005 02:57 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
If you've been watching the "What's Up at Archie's" thread You'll know that we are currently working on a Chop Top that will be kinda special. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/024804.html

This car is owned by Rodney Booth (a new member of PFF). It's a 4 cyl. 4 speed '84 SE currently painted Torch Red.

What's so special about this Chop Top? ...... Well this one will be modeled after the Stinger. It already has a RCC suspension & Big Brakes. We will be installing a new ZZ4 Crate engine with a fully chromed out TPI system from Street & Performance & a Getrag 5 speed. In addition it will be chopped 3" and get Suicide Doors. So basically it will be a replica of the LT1 Stinger but this one will be in Torch Red. Another thing that makes this car special (at least for me) is that's it's a 4 cylinder car & it was driven here from North Carolina. It's been at least 6 years since a 4 banger came into my shop, from a distance >200 miles, under it's own power.

As many know, I like to name certain cars we build & this is one of them. I'm not too creative in coming up with names for cars, that's why I let PFF members pick the name for the LT1 Stinger & my upcoming PFF Spyder. So not only will this thread will fully cover the build of the car & will also be your chance to help us find a name for it.

So, as we start to get into the build of the car your name suggestions are requested. At some point along the way Rodney will pick a name for the car based on input from you guys & gals.

As a source of inspiration maybe some of you guys that are good with PShop might want to grab a picture of the Stinger and change it's color to Torch Red & post it up here.

As a side note, Rodney also will be wanting to change the wheels so suggestions on wheels might also be helpful.

Archie

------------------

The New Home of V-8 Archie
I've got my Solstice ordered.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
A Stinger replica is going to be cool. A chromed out TPI will make it even better.

I almost missed your disclaimer about a 4 cyl coming in under it's own power. Mine did drive off the trailer under it's own power.

I like the name "Hot Chili"

------------------

88 GT T-Top, 88 Fastback Chop-top (Archie #14), 1984 Indy, and 88 Chop Top T-top
Firebird Interior Installation Website

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Pardon the crudeness... it's late and I'm tired.

Here's what I'm thinking... The Stinger is a type of US missile........ What other missiles are out there? Well.... we've got The Sidewinder..... nice short, easy to remember...

And we've also got the Hellfire... which considering you're building a "fireo", and it's "torch" red, fits pretty good...

Of course, if you name it something like Bumblebee, it would be easier to find ricers to challenge...

er... ricers

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 08-18-2005).]

Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
How about "Bloodshot" if it stays red.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I would drive my 4 banger in from Iowa if it meant getting a V8. $$$ is all that stops me. Especially after yesterday's V8 rides, both were Archie kits.

My suggested name for the car is "The Raptor".

Nikemann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NikemannSend a Private Message to NikemannDirect Link to This Post
The Matador
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Name it Rojô. Means Red in Spanish (for those who did not know.) I always try to name my cars for their color in a different language. I had picked out Rojo for one of my Fiero projects, but it was recently sold so....

Can't wait to see this one done! WOO WOOOO

--Will

------------------

meamdarok

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for meamdarokSend a Private Message to meamdarokDirect Link to This Post
i like the Hellfire idea red fits the name and its bad as are the hellfire missles good one
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

.... we've got The Sidewinder.....

Another "tie-in" to the Sidewinder would be that back in the 60's, long before the advent of FWD cars, whenever a transversly mounted engine appeared in a magazine etc. they were called "Sidewinders"

You know you're getting old when everything someone says reminds you of something else.

Archie

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
jscott, you have to post up that pic you photoshopped way back when of the chopped, red bumperpad car with the GT40 style hoodscoop, cause it was totally awesome, and thats what this car should look like.

And no one gets to use the HellFire name, cause thats what I want to name my project car that I want to do someday

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
red menace
red rider
dirty red
bloodshot

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can. arthur ashe

PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

I like Hellfire. It's playfully poking fun at the 84's reputuation of being a firetrap...

raptor too.

Glad to see another Stinger-ish car..I miss seein' it 900 times.

There WILL be a build-up thread, I hope...

-FR
*one day hopes to send a Fiero Archie's way...*

F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
(THE RED DRAGON)
Red China and North Korea -- the Red Dragon in the Book of Revelation -- A Bible prophecy and New Age analysis

In years 2000 and 2001 much in the news was the controversy over Red China (also known as the People's Republic of China, or PRC) gaining Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) with the U. S., and eventually entry into the World Trade Organization (WTO). Because of Red China's aggressive behaviour towards Taiwan in recent years, including test-firing missles near Taiwan, and making threats to invade Taiwan, and also because of China's holding as hostages members of an American Navy plane which landed on an island off China after a Red China jet plane crashed into it and damaged it, there has been a great deal of controversy about a trade agreement with China. On April 1, 2001, a U. S. Navy EP-3 patrol plane was flying in international waters off China when A Red Chinese jet crashed into the Navy plane. The U.S. plane had to make an emergency landing on Red China's Hainan Island. The U.S. Navy crew of 24 was held as hostages by Red China, until they were released on April 12. This is just another example of an increasingly angry Red Dragon, that is a threat to not only Taiwan, but also to Japan, South Korea, and the entire Far East region. And North Korea developing atomic weapons and missles, and selling them to Muslim countries and Muslim terrorists, is also the red dragon.

Hey how about the winner getting a free set of Archie's rockers?

JacobHaley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JacobHaleySend a Private Message to JacobHaleyDirect Link to This Post
Red Bull
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
Will you be putting the late model coupe bumpers on the car?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Here's what I'm thinking... The Stinger is a type of US missile........ What other missiles are out there? Well.... we've got The Sidewinder..... nice short, easy to remember...

my current 3.4dohc turbo is nicknamed the sidewinder and is recieving the appropriate black and white paint treatment

tho i never did get any photshop help

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050818-1-051586.html

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 08-18-2005).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Flamer
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:
tho i never did get any photshop help

well maybe if it was a choptop!

I also noticed this was in tech...

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

well maybe if it was a choptop!

I also noticed this was in tech...

all I noticed was that half of my favorites got archived overnight

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
I have been waiting on this build, Now let's see some work being done, before we go naming this this creation.
Good Luck to all involved.
Thanks Gary
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
Berlinetta Rossa

a little italian is always nice, even if it means "Red Hardtop". I dunno, i'll think of other names later

-Coop

PFF
System Bot
Gary W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WDirect Link to This Post
Crimson Ride
BloodSport
Hemmorhage (of the wallet)

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The Hot Tomato.
kmerkle01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmerkle01Send a Private Message to kmerkle01Direct Link to This Post
ZZ4 Redrum
RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post
Red Devil
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I like the hellfire idea. Sounds pretty sweet.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
How about FERVENT, it is a "F" word like Fiero, Fino, and Finale. And it means Red-Hot!

Entry Word: fervent
Function: adjective
Text: having or expressing great depth of feeling <a fervent speech that called for tolerance and compassion for those who are different>
Synonyms ardent, blazing, burning, charged, emotional, fervid, feverish, fiery, flaming, glowing, hot-blooded, impassioned, passionate, red-hot, vehement, warm, warm-blooded
Related Words enthusiastic, gung ho, zealous; enamored, infatuated, obsessed
Phrases on fire

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Nobody thought of "Flamethrower" ???

That way instead of being stung by the stinger
you can get flamed by the flamethrower

sidenote: Isn't that Chuck's V-8 IMSA in the background??

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

sidenote: Isn't that Chuck's V-8 IMSA in the background??

Yeah, he wants to sell it.

He has his Turbo, 383 LT1 back on the road, he wants to seel the IMSA. Something about lack of garage space.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-18-2005).]

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2005 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Flamer

You're so silly!

2000RagTop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2005 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
'RedHot"
PFF
System Bot
Grim001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2005 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grim001Send a Private Message to Grim001Direct Link to This Post
"Inferno"
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2005 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

How about ?

The Rocket

The Flash

Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post
Nihil, as in "annihilator"

How about Red Faction, or Mercury Rising (even though I think both are movie titles).

I do like Hellfire and Raptor, although Raptor has me picturing a green Fiero, with possibly flames.

Red Dragon is good too.

Ruby, if you're in a more laid back mood, and into the popular fashion of naming cars after females. Other female names would be more exotic though.

How about Rogue? Nothing wrong with a good superhero theme...

One thing is for sure-the name needs to match at least some facet of the owner's personality...

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-SBC, Koni suspension, in prog...

04 Mustang Cobra
-Stock, for now

[This message has been edited by Hulk (edited 08-20-2005).]

rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

I keep looking at the "Stinger" with the model. Is she a really tall model or is my car going to be 30" from the ground to the roof?

rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothDirect Link to This Post

rodneybooth

158 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Thanks for the realy cool names. There is a lot of creativity in the this group. I thought you all might like to vote to choose the name for the "project" so, here are the ones that resonated with me.

The Bull Hot Chili Sidewinder Hellfire
Raptor Red Menace Red Dragon Red Bull
Inferno Rogue Flamethrower Red Devil
Flash Titan the Cruise Bloodshot
ZZ4 Redrum

I'll tally the votes somtime toward the end of next week.

Rodney

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodneybooth:

is my car going to be 30" from the ground to the roof?

My car roof is just about even with my navel which is about 42 inches.

TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
Since the guy's named Rodney,
How about:
Rod's Raked Rose
Rodney's HotTottie (maybe not)
Raked Red Rose (Trips in "R") Be easy to do a custom logo
Raked Red Rocket (Personallly, I think the rocket thing is sorta dated)
Or:
Laid Back Baby (Kinda like that one)
Low Down LT1 (Needs more Moxie, though)
Hemoglobin Goblin (J/K )
Low-Profile Projectile (hmmmmm....)
8-Shot Recliner
8-Shot Red-Eye

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm? How about, "18-Tenn." It contains your location (state) and number 18-choptop. It will also keep ppl guessing as to what does he mean by, "18-Tenn"?

Simple and to the point.

Woops. Scratch that thought. Wrong state, hhehe.

Okay, how about.......NC-18?

Hmm. Your chopper will be rated "adult-only" and "18" for the 18th chopper. Oh yeah, since the color will be "red" the letters "NC-18" may get you into trouble with the girls?

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-20-2005).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm? How about, "18-Tenn." It contains your location (state) and number 18-choptop. It will also keep ppl guessing as to what does he mean by, "18-Tenn"?

Simple and to the point.

I believe he's in NC

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock