Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Autometer Air/Fuel Gauge and a 4.9 (eldorado dual O2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Autometer Air/Fuel Gauge and a 4.9 (eldorado dual O2) by Capt Fiero
Started on: 06-29-2005 12:05 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 06-29-2005 02:10 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I wanted to use my O2 meter on my Caddy swap. Well my Caddy has 2 running O2 sensors and a 3rd bung that is not used.

I have hooked the gauge up to one of the O2 sensors that is used, but the gauge is so slow to move it is crazy. According to the gauge, the O2 is reading near full rich as soon as I touch the gas. If I let off the pedal it will go stoich and sometimes even touch the lean section.

It should be running rich only at above 3/4 throttle, stoich area at cruise and lean when I do any type of engine braking.

When it was on my Fiero the gauge flew around and zipped back and fourth, now on the Caddy it is so slow to move it really concerns me.

I hooked my MSD 6AL back up last night and it seemed to help but why is it running so rich and slow to move.

Anyone else running an Air/Fuel meter on there Caddy.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Where is the location of the 3rd bung? I ran an O2 meter on my 4.5 with deville manifolds and Y pipe. I used the stock bung hole on the rear bank (I blocked off the stock outlet) and my meter was slow like you described. When I moved it to the y section it was much more responsive.

My guess is this has to do with the air flow across the O2 sensor.

Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have one O2 sensor in each tube of the Y-Pipe. I am using the Deville Manifolds and running a Y-Pipe to the stock manifolds. I had hte deville outlet welded shut.

Sounds like we have similar exhaust systems.

Well I will keep tweaking with it and see what happens.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock