Started on: 06-21-2005 09:13 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: FIEROPHREK on 06-21-2005 05:10 PM
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if there might be a connection. My engine began to stumble under accelleration about the same time that my tach needle started bouncing. Does the tach filter cause the bounce? Could it affect the engine miss?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
308 Ferrari Kit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 308 Ferrari KitSend a Private Message to 308 Ferrari KitDirect Link to This Post
I would put my money on a bad ignition module.

That would cause your miss and that would explain the tach bounce at the same time.
Tach bounce when your engine is running fine with no miss is usually the tach filter only.

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Change the module... mine did that for about a year... I got used to it and then the car left me stranded with a new module on my TV at home... 27 miles away. Replaced the module and the car runs better than it did before...

Change the module... if you want you could replaced the connectors on the coil(grey and black) with ones from the Fiero Store... they do tend to get stressed over the years... its a poorly designed connector as far as wire stress is concerned and they can get intermittant.

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
I third the motion on changing your ignition module! Better carry a spare just in case. I can count on both hands the times i had an ignition module crap out on me in the middle of B.F.E. .

------------------
"but when equipped with NOS, sometimes I feel invincible..."
"but when I race from a roll it's hard to hit 2nd"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock