Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  HELP...Flexible Coupling Pinch Bolt Size and Threads?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

HELP...Flexible Coupling Pinch Bolt Size and Threads? by olaf_fiero27
Started on: 05-13-2005 10:53 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: JazzMan on 05-14-2005 10:44 PM
olaf_fiero27

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2005 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olaf_fiero27Send a Private Message to olaf_fiero27Direct Link to This Post
anyone have the measurements for it? i tried a 3/8 bolt but it was kind of loose in there, or does anyone have a part number i need to buy this early tommorow morning.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2005 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Is this in the steering column? If so, the bolt hex size is 11mm, don't know the thread size off hand.

JazzMan

olaf_fiero27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2005 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olaf_fiero27Send a Private Message to olaf_fiero27Direct Link to This Post
yes, steering colum anyone else know the threads ?
olaf_fiero27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2005 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olaf_fiero27Send a Private Message to olaf_fiero27Direct Link to This Post

olaf_fiero27

967 posts
Member since Oct 2004
ANYONE? i really need to know because this is all i have left to do on my suspension and have 1 day to get it together, i have tried many bolts but none have the right fit, someone on here has to know the size and threads?
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2005 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I'm 44 miles away from my shop, otherwise I'd run over and measure one for you. I looked at the 22P and it didn't list the thread size at all. My bet is that it's metric, probably an M10x1.25, but it will be a couple of days before I can get to the shop to check for sure.

This bolt is going to be the same on all GM columns from the mid-80's to the mid-90's for sure, and maybe later, so a wrecking yard will have hundreds of them. I would recommend going to a wrecking yard tomorrow and getting one there, that's the fastest way most likely.

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock