Yet another clutch disengagement Q by NoFiero
Started on: 05-09-2005 08:12 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: NoFiero on 05-09-2005 07:38 PM
NoFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoFieroSend a Private Message to NoFieroDirect Link to This Post
First off just a general question about the point in travel that the clutch disengages at on the clutch peddle. On my car it seems to be rather low for my taste somewhere I would guess in the last 1 inch of travel. Also it will grind going into reverse unless I hit a synchro first. I have an 85se with a 4 cyl 5speed. I measured the slave cylinder shaft movement and it is a good 7/8 of an inch. Know looking around the forum there seems to be some differences of what that measurement should actually be but it looks like that may be right and my hydrolics are ok! I took a lok at the clutch release arm and cannot see any cracks but it is not the easiest thing to get a good look at. What is the best way to check the release arm? Can there be play in the release are at the shaft? If so how would you determine if it is too much? Oh and the peddle is nice and high in the drivers compartment. I hope this is not an internal clutch problem

Thanks

[This message has been edited by NoFiero (edited 05-09-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NoFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoFieroSend a Private Message to NoFieroDirect Link to This Post
Should mention the transmission is an Isuzu.

Thanks

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock