Started on: 04-29-2005 07:31 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: 86fieroEarl on 04-29-2005 07:55 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

I am getting conflicting storeys from auto wrecker’s people regarding what years the 4.9 was the same in.

Skip to the bottom if you don’t want to read about my search so far.

Whoever recommended http://www.car-part.com/ I am forever indebted to you. I have not gotten any hits from my ads in the local papers. So I decided to try the net.

EBay was so so. But finding one in my area was proving to be harder than I expected. I almost bought a wrecker car for 500 bucks that was 400 miles away and hauled it home. However the cost of transportation made it not worth the hauling of the entire car.

I have found complete low mileage motors locally with ECM’s x2 and harness with warranties for the 900 USD area in price.

I have only been looking at 91-92 caddys nothing else. I just got off the phone with a local guy that will locate a motor for me, and deliver it for the total cost of 450 USD. It won’t have ECM thoucaddy'sgh, so I will have to locate my own ECM.

Is it ONLY 91-92 that has the motor I want? Or are there other years for different models.

I spoke to a person on the phone that said 91-93 all had the same motor according to the Hollander interchange manual.

I just don’t want to end up with a bum motor I can’t use or pass over a great deal on a motor I can use just because I did not know I could use it.

Thanks in advance

David aka Capt.

------------------
85GT 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam and Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86fieroEarl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
There all the same from 91 to 94. ... If you want to Make sure you dont get a bum engine do a compression check on it. All cyclinders should read between 190 or higher on a cold compression check.

Needed 1 compression tester $29bucks --- Good investment
and 1 starter switch $14bucks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 04-29-2005).]

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock