Can you use WCF 4t60e mounts for a 4.9 swap by 4.9 PFI FIERO
Started on: 04-12-2005 10:36 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 4.9 PFI FIERO on 04-13-2005 07:13 PM
4.9 PFI FIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Like the title says. Just thinking of ways to make the swap a little more builder-friendly.....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
What mounts do you want to use, and what do you mean by "more builder friendly"?

I used a stock Fiero automatic mount on the rear and a stock 92 Caddy mount on the front of the 4T60E.
The only modification, was to cut the two slots on the rear of the cradle about 3/4" longer.

Gene

------------------
87 Notchie 4.9
87 SE 3.4TDC swap almost done (when it gets warmer out)
87 Notchie Caddy 472 longitudinal coming soon

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Well i talk to wcf awhile back and ask them about it and they told me that with their mounts for the 4t60e you didn't have to slot the holes and then their mounts are made of poly that is why i thought about this...
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
If the only difference was slotting the holes, it would not for me, offset the additional cost of the WCF mounts. The poly however makes it a much better deal.

Gene

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
I'm still thinking about taking that route with the wcf poly mount. It should take away from some of the problems people have had with axles being too short. The mounts could have advantages to where as using them you'll have the correct location of the tranny and you would have a definite axle combo to use instead of the custom axles.

What you think?

Exodus5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Exodus5Send a Private Message to Exodus5Direct Link to This Post
Have you checked Rodney Dickman's poly mounts? I am using them and they appear to be very high quality and are made to look just like the stock mounts.
4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
I just took a look at the site. I haven't seen those before. WCF is good because their special made for the 4t60e but i wonder if the rodney dickman mounts would be better. BTW It would be cool to have the same mount on every corner.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock