Duke performance throttle body? by Wesley
Started on: 04-02-2005 03:54 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: amikin on 04-04-2005 04:30 PM
Wesley

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2005 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyDirect Link to This Post
anybody got a bigger bored throttle body for your duke? I am wondering if it makes much of a difference.....and where to get one I know the fiero store used to have them but now I cant find them anywhere.....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
It wouldn't do much to any enigne until you have other mods done, from the factory almost all engines are set up with perfectly-sized TBs.

Want performance form your Duke? Then go downhill.

lol j/k, I know they can be fast, and I've seen them put down 200+ horsepower, which is amazing.

------------------

Wesley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AaronZ34:

It wouldn't do much to any enigne until you have other mods done, from the factory almost all engines are set up with perfectly-sized TBs.

Want performance form your Duke? Then go downhill.

lol j/k, I know they can be fast, and I've seen them put down 200+ horsepower, which is amazing.

I dont really want my duke to be a race car.....my throttle body is giving me hell and I was wondering if a bigger bored throttle body would just add a tiny bit more acceleration....Im not looking to have a 200 hp duke....I am gonna be replacing my throttle body anyway so thats why Im asking

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2005 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
Oh ok, then one might help, but not a lot. I'd get a stocker, since it will bolt right up. A custom one you'll have to make mounting plates, etc.
Wesley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyDirect Link to This Post
hmm....well where is a cheap place to buy one because all Im finding are ones that cost a good bit more than I want to spend.
fotofrank

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post
I don't belive Holley is making their 2 inch bore tb anymore. It, BTW, bolted exactly the same as the stock TB. Watch E-Bay and you may find one. It by itself doesn't add much.
Frank
AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2005 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
amikin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amikinSend a Private Message to amikinDirect Link to This Post
you should also check out the article in the ogres cave about the throttle cable

due to the cable stretching, you may not have the throttle opening up all the way

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock